Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 03:02:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another short bus trip and a BUS DERBY (pics)  (Read 703 times)
demodriver

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »

I headed out yesterday for southern indiana for a autocross race at the Scott county fair.   After we arrived we are informed that there is a bus race and a bus derby. I almost had the opportunity to drive in the race but one of the fair board members sons bumped me out.  Angry

The race was mostly uneventful except a few hits into the front stretch wall. 

The derby on the other hand was crazy. It was the first one that I have saw in my 15 years of drivenin derbys.  I doubt that the guys can hardly walk today.  Only 4 guys ran the derby.

bus winner

second place, was black flagged for safety.

third place

and fourth place was already gone this morning we got up and headed home.

My bus ran out great and averaged 9mpg with the car trailer behind it. I ran 75 most of the way down and 65 most of the way back.
Taking the bus out again thursday on a short trip to the johnson county fair for another race. Grin
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »

O and the amount of new looking tires on the schoolies that got trashed made me sick Cry.   Several thousands in tires down the drain...
Brassman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »

Skoolies ain't got no respect. Roll Eyes
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »

Yeah I guess that's true about Skoolies. Only a few examples manage to get a second chance in caring hands. The rest end up scrapped and given that, they may as well die with a little noise.
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 02:42:24 PM »

Most of the ones that were raced are used for races ALOT and are good money makers.  Most race tracks pay $200 to $500 to each bus that shows up to a race.  That and most are so rotten its not even funny but there was a few that are still very solid. Looked like they came right off of the bus lot, with good tires at that.

As for the ones that got derbied. The fair board was worried that no one would show with a bus so they leased 4 of them for the night. The lease stataed they could do as they wished with them as long as they were returned for scrap. So... the crowd got a good show.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: