Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 01:40:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interior Walls  (Read 1315 times)
"The Norm"

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2011, 09:31:38 AM »

So far we have completed the removal of the original interior walls, floor, insulation and repaired some rust.  We have installed new 3/4 subfloor, ran all of the electrical, insulated the wheel wells with closed foam and also insulated the roof and side walls with spray foam. Now we are getting ready to install 1/2" Birch plywood for our interior walls. What we were planning was to use the Birch for now and later on maybe switch to a veneer or laminate once we get a better idea on what we like. The Birch is really looking great and I may just leave it in place. So I have just started to figure out the cuts and I am trying to decide what to do around the windows? What do you do around the windows? Do you stop right below the trim for the window and finish off with some type of molding? What about the center strip in between the windows?

Any help is greatly appreciated !!!!

1989 MCI 96A3 - 8V92TA - 4spd Auto
The conversion has started.
"The Norm"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:02:21 PM »

Well then what is the best way to attach it to the walls?

1989 MCI 96A3 - 8V92TA - 4spd Auto
The conversion has started.
pipopak

I am the 99%

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 06:17:24 PM »

IMHO 1/2" plywood will be something difficult to curve, probably thin lauan would be a better choice. It MAY be possible to install under the window trim also.

Linux, when Windoze just will not measure up.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »

Norm ;there is a site I use for ideas. High end coaches but give you ideas.  prevoststuff.com  look under used prevost coaches.  there is a product at your local general lumber yard (not usually available at Lowe's or home depot) called flex ply wood or wiggle board that will bend to make curves. As far as fastening. they make screws with large heads that have drill bits on the end that are made to attach plywood to metal and countersink themselves. Or just use a good wood to steel adhesive. Ck out where members have posted pictures of their coaches also to get ideas of how others have done theirs.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »

Top of this page ; members post pictures of your bus

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 07:51:42 PM »

You can buy bendable plywood for concrete work at a construction supply house good stuff sanded on one side waterproof and will not rot or wick water comes in 3/8 to 1 1/8 inches thick sold under one brand as PlyForm but there are other brands on the market

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: