Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 09:52:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help with purchasing crown rv  (Read 1003 times)
Uglydog56

I'd rather be lucky than good.

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2011, 11:55:34 AM »

Hello!  I've been looking for a crown bus to convert to an rv, and I found one in Montana that is complete except for carpet on ceiling and floor.  It already has the roof raised and was spray insulated etc.  I would like to pick it up and update it.  I need to get a loan to get it however.  Since my bank can't find crown coach on the nada list (duh), they would accept a third party appraisal.  How does someone get a coach appraised?  Does anyone have any contacts for this sort of thing?

Thanks,
Rick

Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »

you can get your certified local area guys that work out of hemmings to write something down on official letterhead. The one here lives about 15 miles west of me, I think he charges the strangers 2-300 depending on how extensive an appraisal he has to do..

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »

You might try a local RV dealer.  That has worked for me for insurance, never tried it for financing.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »

With the stock market about to crash you might want to look at a 401k loan. Use it or loose it. it will give you 5 years of safe return until it comes back.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 04:51:01 PM »

With the stock market about to crash you might want to look at a 401k loan. Use it or loose it. it will give you 5 years of safe return until it comes back.

A little pessemistic are we?  A 401K loan can be a huge risk if your plan requires repayment in full upon termination of employment.  Even if you have a rock solid job, it keeps you chained to the job if you decide you want a different job down the road.  A 401k loan can be a good deal if repayment is not required upon termination of employment.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Brassman

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »

I'd say that financial planners would take a dim view of buying a used school bus with your retirement account, even if it is a Crown.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »

401k loans are loans from your 401k account.  If you don't pay it back you'll have to pay 10% penalty and income taxes on the money.  You do have to pay interest, but the interest is paid to your 401k, not to any bank or finance company.  The downside is the money is not growing for the years it is out of the account.

I personally would only do a 401k loan if you can't get the money any other way.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Kevin Warnock

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »

I had this thread open on a different browser tab.

When I looked at the tabs, the tab label for this thread was truncated to:

help with purchasing crow

lol

I had to click on the tab to remember the subject was:

help with purchasing crown

Kevin Warnock
http://KevinWarnock.com - my blog
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 08:52:12 AM »

It could have been on the farmers joke page, "Help with purchasing cow" Grin

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: