Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 03:22:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle rear torsilastic suspension adjustment  (Read 2932 times)
Ray Schneider

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2006, 04:52:58 AM »

How do I change the distance between the arms onthe rear torsilastic suspension that attach to Model 10 Eagle.  The old tube split due to corrosion.  The replacement is from a Model 15 and needs to be moved apart 1/4" to fit the Model 10.  Any suggestions with the proper procedure  would be appreciated.
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 11:11:21 AM »

Ray,

You got me stumped.  I'm not sure what you're asking.  Are you saying the beam is 1/4" too long that the eye loops won't align with the adjustment bolts?  Give us more info.  I didn't know there was a difference in beams between a 05, 10, and 15.

David
Ray Schneider

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »

Dave: Thanks for replying to my problem. Sorry I took so long to get back to you.
A better way for me to explain to say that a rear torsilastic spring tube has two cast iron brackets,one on each end and these brackets are then attached to the bus frame with eight bolts on each end.
I need to slide one of them 1/4" so the assembly will match the bus fram mounting holes.

------------------------------------------------------------------
                       !                                                                !
              ---------                   torsilastic tube                           ---------

---------                                                                  ---------                      !                                                                  !                                                                         --------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                               
               ^  ---------cast iron brackeat attach at each end-------------^               THANKS RAY     
David Anderson

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 05:31:53 PM »

It's dark right now.  I'll go out and look at mine tomorrow.

David
David Anderson

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 09:05:11 AM »

Ray,

I went out and looked at my 10.  It appears that the bolts (looks like 1/2" diameter) that hold the spring arm to the spline have a bit of tolerance to slide the spring arms in and out on the spline.  This is doable on both fore and aft splines.  This should give you the 1/4" you need.  However, I don't see how you can do this without a press.  Now if you need it 1/4" wider you will have to increase the distance between the spring arms. 

It also appears that there is a bit of fore and aft lateral play in the shackles that attach the spring arms to the bus frame.  Perhaps the distance can be adjusted here. 

I have the shop drawings of this, but don't know how to use my new scanner my wife bought.  We will read the instructions and try to post it here so you can see how this all comes apart.

I hope I'm on the right page with you about the problem.  Call me if you like.  830-570-9536

David
David Anderson

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 06:16:03 PM »

Here it is, I hope.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: