Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 08:51:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wannabe with a bus toyhauler dream  (Read 2747 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 04:15:16 PM »

Brian,

BK was serious.....I figure that bus should be in good shape too. Give her a whirl.

(BK, did that price include the engine?) Grin

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 04:36:57 PM »

How about a school bus with a wheelchair lift?   Cheap (to buy and to run), readily available, tough, simple to work on, and wheelchair buses always have high roofs which mean about 6'6" inside headroom.   The WC lift should easily handle your bikes.   This may be easier than messing with ramps etc.

Yes, California is replacing all older school buses, but if CARB funds are used for their replacements then the old buses must be scrapped, no exceptions.   Gone are the days that a dismantling yard could let someone buy a bus like that  -  now the engine (or more) has to be destroyed, then the bus is crushed.   Ah, your tax dollars at work . . . 

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 07:05:37 PM »

Brian,

BK was serious.....I figure that bus should be in good shape too. Give her a whirl.

(BK, did that price include the engine?) Grin

John

John,
Thanks an yes it includes the engine transmission, windows and sure-pop tires!

But if someones gonna buy it they need to hurry before I get brainstorming and try to work out a deal w/Don Fairchild for one his clean air 6V92's to go in our MCI. 
Like maybe this awesome running 8V92, a clean but condition unknown 8V92 and the current 6V92 that needs repaired all for 1 good 6V92..........hmmm Don reading this? (call me)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: