Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 08:24:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Went shopping for coaches today , what a day............ w/ photos  (Read 703 times)
Bill in KS

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:45:36 PM »

My wifes cousin and good friend of mine has the bus fever and asked me to keep an eye out, well.............

I knew he could buy any price range of coach he wanted but I wanted him to get his nose in all sorts of different buses so he can smell a nice deal.   
Our first unit was a 1972 MCI5 , After steeping over fresh dog crap in the drive way, and moving her kids personal items so I could even get inside of the bus I knew he wasn't to interested Smiley LOL.   I avoided one wasp nest and had to move two bicycles and one trailer to inspect the bays Smiley

As we left the site fo the MCI , I called on a Prevost a friend of a friend had , well........ he sold it ( at a good price he tells me ) but he knew of another coach about 15 miles away at an RV consignment lot , we reset the Nav and hit the gas.

We round the corner and there she sat:

Ole girl needed a some minor TLC but much better than the first coach.   It has shep steering setup, spring brakes on the rear, 4V Head , williams air throttle  and a HB industries 4 corner leveling system.  PLUS a custom engine puke tank with a 1 gallon milk bottle 1/4 full of black gold.  Dude wanted 19K Smiley

As we left the site of the 4104
Get a call from the previous owner of the prevost , he tells me that a coach conversion shop just down the road from my house has a " nice " eagle for sale and gave me the number.  Great, reset the Nav and mash the gas.

I have seen the guys shop and coaches come and go but never could catch him.  After meeting with him and showing us the eagle he asked the famous question : What price range are you looking to spend ?  I had warned my friend that you better have something in mind because he might be a bus snob. My buddy told him 20-30K. He laughed and informed us " you can't buy a nice coach for under 40K "  and added " if people are going to sell them that cheap they'll just burn them down to the ground than sell that cheap "    I did my best to keep a straight face and thanked him for his time. 

I don't run into very many bus snobs but when I do I get such a good laugh at them it is worth the wait.  We didn't buy any buses or even make an offer.  My friend could have wrote a check for any buses on that guys property.

I'm so glad I'm not shopping for a bus, I was quickly reminded why I bought my bus and who tough it is finding " the one "

Bill in KS

PD4104-4797 in SE Kansas
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »

David Donahue of Albuquerque owned that GM for years x truck driver took good care and babied that bus nice find

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: