Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 02:24:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Went shopping for coaches today , what a day............ w/ photos  (Read 677 times)
Bill in KS

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2011, 12:45:36 PM »

My wifes cousin and good friend of mine has the bus fever and asked me to keep an eye out, well.............

I knew he could buy any price range of coach he wanted but I wanted him to get his nose in all sorts of different buses so he can smell a nice deal.   
Our first unit was a 1972 MCI5 , After steeping over fresh dog crap in the drive way, and moving her kids personal items so I could even get inside of the bus I knew he wasn't to interested Smiley LOL.   I avoided one wasp nest and had to move two bicycles and one trailer to inspect the bays Smiley

As we left the site fo the MCI , I called on a Prevost a friend of a friend had , well........ he sold it ( at a good price he tells me ) but he knew of another coach about 15 miles away at an RV consignment lot , we reset the Nav and hit the gas.

We round the corner and there she sat:

Ole girl needed a some minor TLC but much better than the first coach.   It has shep steering setup, spring brakes on the rear, 4V Head , williams air throttle  and a HB industries 4 corner leveling system.  PLUS a custom engine puke tank with a 1 gallon milk bottle 1/4 full of black gold.  Dude wanted 19K Smiley

As we left the site of the 4104
Get a call from the previous owner of the prevost , he tells me that a coach conversion shop just down the road from my house has a " nice " eagle for sale and gave me the number.  Great, reset the Nav and mash the gas.

I have seen the guys shop and coaches come and go but never could catch him.  After meeting with him and showing us the eagle he asked the famous question : What price range are you looking to spend ?  I had warned my friend that you better have something in mind because he might be a bus snob. My buddy told him 20-30K. He laughed and informed us " you can't buy a nice coach for under 40K "  and added " if people are going to sell them that cheap they'll just burn them down to the ground than sell that cheap "    I did my best to keep a straight face and thanked him for his time. 

I don't run into very many bus snobs but when I do I get such a good laugh at them it is worth the wait.  We didn't buy any buses or even make an offer.  My friend could have wrote a check for any buses on that guys property.

I'm so glad I'm not shopping for a bus, I was quickly reminded why I bought my bus and who tough it is finding " the one "

Bill in KS

PD4104-4797 in SE Kansas
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »

David Donahue of Albuquerque owned that GM for years x truck driver took good care and babied that bus nice find

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: