Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 07:42:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with 740D Allison Governor cable adjustment  (Read 747 times)
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2006, 02:55:53 PM »

I cant figure out the difference in the way the governor cable hooks up on the MC8 versus the configuration that was used on the donor (firetruck)
  Check out the firetruck photo below, the throttle cable is the green, the middle cable is the eng shutdown and the other is the trans governor. It seems that when the throttle is depressed (retracts cable) that it also retracts the governor cable.

In contrast, on the bus, the throttle cable  and trans gov cable is mounted on either side of a pivot point, so that when the throttle "pulls" it "pushes" the governor cable.

Same type trans HT740D.   Any ideas? thanks

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:03:34 PM »

Boy Chuck, you sure know how to make a fellow go Huhh? Boy ya got me stumped, I thought the one one our 102A3  Pulled same as the throttle. I'll have to give it a look in the AM!My Setra is DDEC so it ain't gonna help us! I'll post what I find in the AM! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 07:37:22 PM »

They may have a different modulator on the tranny. One that pushes.

You can change that to a pull type fairly easily. Pull the cover off the modulator and look to see if it matches
the picture in the MC9 manual or the one I posted to KbunnyStar the other night.

If it is a push type you may also consider using the whole assembly off the fire truck and just hook your
existing pull-type throttle cable to it. that way you probably wont need to change anything. Embarrassed

That is the cable operated version on the MC9 for the 740 transmission and 700 series. ( stock ) Smiley

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
rgrauto

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 07:46:46 PM »

ChuckMc8  The way you describe the movement of the cables it sounds like the internal cables are both moving in the same direction ,just look differently.   Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: