Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 17, 2014, 03:19:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RobertL where are you?  (Read 1473 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:29:02 PM »

Robert appears to be our 1000th member.

Welcome aboard and how about a hello and some info on you?
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
RobertL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 05:36:12 PM »

Hey all
I didn't realize I was the 1000th member until I saw this post.  What a honor!  Its great knowing there are 999 other individuals on this board that can offer help when needed.  I'm sure the number will continue to climb over time. Just a little background info for Richard and everyone else.  I'll start with the obvious, my name is Robert.  Grin  I reside in the Atlanta area and have been a subscriber to Bus Conversion Mag for about a year now.  Although I do not own a bus yet(Hope I didnt dissapoint anyone) I have been studying and reading everything I can obtain including books by Dave Galey, George Myers, and Ben Rosander.  One of my favorite websites is Craig Shepards.  Craigs website is the most detailed "how-to" I have come across so far, all the photos are great.  Although I cant quite seem to figure it out yet(My electrical knowlege needs work), Craigs electrical panels look like electrical masterpieces.  Unfortunately, I have missed out on the updated information on Craigs conversion since the last update on his website.  I figure theres nothing wrong with taking your time to plan out your conversion and obtaining all the information you possibly can before you start a fun, interesting  adventure.  Thats where I stand right now in my bus conversion process, other than having the "toad" already as well Smiley   There are numerous great looking bus conversions in the photo thread and I hope to one day be able to take a look inside some of them at one of the rallies.  There are numerous other websites as well that I have read in detail and provided a wealth of knowledge.  Thanks to all of you that take the time to take photos and write novels to inform us newbies on bus conversions!!
FREE HELP-  If anyone lives near the Atlanta area and needs an extra hand with  your bus conversion project please let me know.  I'm sure someone could use an extra hand in taking out seats, skinning the sides, taking out windows, etc..... Im fairly knowledgable in the plumbing and flooring area as well(Working at Lowes for 6 years has helped a little).  Im offering free help in exchange for hands-on knowledge, seemed like a great idea to me anyways. 
I hope to be able to help someone on this board over the years to come, I sure have learned a lot from you all as well!
Until the next post.......
Robert
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 05:50:54 PM »

Welcome Aboard Robert L,

Glad to have you as our 1000th member!

Now, onward to 2000....   Ha Ha

Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »

Hey there Robert. I'm in the Rome,GA area. Welcome
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 08:54:55 PM »

Welcome Robert,

I am in Athens and like you have not purchased my bus yet, but shall before this time next year.
Good luck on your endeavor, and like you said, this board is a great resource for everyone interested in conversions.

BusCrazyTom the Analog Dinosaur
Stupid Bus Newbie Smiley
Athens, GA
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 09:41:22 PM »

Hi Robert,

Welcome to a great board and more help than you will believe.

Have fun in the search for the perfect coach for YOU. Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Dallas

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 03:40:24 AM »

Welcome to the mad house Robert!

We are very happy to have you on board!

If you wantd to get some exposure to bus conversions you should get yourself to as many rallies as you can.

There is one this week here in Timmonsville, SC

One in Carthage, Mo. in the middle of the month, sponsered by Christy and Larry Hicks,

At the halloweenend of October, we have Busted Knucles "Tennessee Bus Bash" in Union City, Tn.

Also, about the same time is a get together in Hoboken, Ga.

Just check out the calendar and pick some to go to!

Welcome!
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 05:24:41 AM »

Hey there Robert. I'm in the Rome,GA area. Welcome
    Hey Beatenbo, we will be coming through Rome later this month. email me your phone number and maybe we can meet for a sanwich, cup of coffee, etc. Don't know exactly what day, but we will be coming from Gary & Linda LaBombards place in SC, on our way to Athens, AL  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
robert

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 06:55:25 AM »

Robert L.
Welcome, being from Atlanta you may want to hook up with Todd Lay from Atlanta Custom Coach. There shop is in Palmeto?Huh??. Great Guy to learn from.

Robert Hall

Thanks, Robert at www.tamihall.com
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 10:32:03 AM »

Robert with your great attitude you will no doubt be successful in the process of obtaining and converting your chosen bus - The idea of 'lending a hand' in exchange for some good experience will come back many fold in knowledge and goodwill - IMHO if more future converters had that attitude it would save them from future heartache and lost $$$$$ - Let everyone know what your looking for and maybe they can help locate something for you to look at in your area -

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 05:11:58 PM »

Robert,

I can attest to the fact that you are in great company.  There is a world of knoweldge on this board and lots of BTDT.  I sold my bus a few months ago, but will be looking for another one in the future.  There's nothing like spending a few days on the road with "your" baby! 

But, she can be a cruel mistress, too.  I have a little advice for you...make sure you check back with the guys on this board before you make a purchase.  There may be something you need to know before you write that check.  I know I will!

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
RobertL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 09:19:59 PM »

Charlie,
Looks like you have a busy schedule but maybe one day we can get together and you can show me your conversion.  Have any more pics?   I couldnt find any on your website.  I read some where on this board that looking at other bus conversions is a great way to decide what you will like and dislike. 

Tom,
Good luck in finding a bus.  I hope you find one real soon!  If you need any help in the conversion feel free to email me and I'll lend a helping hand.

Robert,
Is Todd Lay a member of this board?  Its rather interesting you mention Atlanta Custom Coach.  Last week I was in Publix looking for some of those house rental books they keep at the exit doors.  As i was glancing through the books, I noticed one that had a rather nice looking MCI on the front cover.  I picked it up and it was an advertisement for ACC.  I had never heard of that company until last week.  Their website is still under construction but their sister company's website is up.  Looks like they mostly do entertainer coaches, but you are right, I could definitely learn something from those guys

Everyone,
Thanks for the welcome!!

Robert
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 06:20:42 AM »

Thanks, Robert! I'm sure our paths will cross at some point, and thanks for your generous offer of assistance.

BusCrazyTom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: