Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
October 22, 2017, 04:10:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cool ride  (Read 654 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2011, 09:31:49 AM »

started the 89 this am : headed out the drive hit the main road. everything smooth. feeling good. little tap every shift from the allison in the small of my back each shift at the rite rpm.  Life is good. Aproaching city on four lane in fast lane- first stop light. Cars shifting lane to get in right lane because of slow as**** bus in front of them- their mistake!  many of them pulled back behind me to make time because other lane was slower--HEEEE.  Got where I was going and a fellow I didn't know came up to me and said " What you got in that" " I thought I was screwed when I got behind you!"  Looked up and you were Gone!     Life is good Grin Grin Grin Grin   Bob   Ps was pullin 18,000lbs also
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 12:07:16 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 09:55:37 AM »

Makes me think of the kid in a 6 cyl mustang who thought he was going to out run my dodge cummins with a loaded trailer behind it the other night.

You have to love the look on peoples face when you pull away while loaded. Grin
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »

Guess Could have told him the 1905 Huber Steam Engine was pushing hard. Roll Eyes

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: