Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 09:42:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eagle air conditioning removal (is it worth anything)  (Read 2285 times)
demodriver

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:15:41 AM »

Ok my road air or what ever it is called does work. But I am getting ready to remove it to make room in the engine bay area for a generator and to remove the factory poo tanks.

Is the set up worth anything? Worth trying to sell?
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:05:34 PM »

Don't know how universal the compressor and fan motors etc are but I have made a bundle off of mine. Got $300 for compressor- 300 for each fan motor(2ea)- and 300 for evaporator and  $300 for condensor.  probably 20% of what they were worth if buyer would have to have purchased else where.=====$1500 for supplies. New condensor fan motor is 2600$   didn't include blades or housing.  keep hoses also.    Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 12:13:31 PM »

Where did you sell them at? on ebay?
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:14:58 PM »

They changed the AC on the newer model Eagles your will be worth scrap price not much of a demand for the older Eagle units does that unit have a shaft drive or belt drive on the compressor

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:18:42 PM »

I gave my stuff away, it was to much to even try and store it. we ripped it all out of the bay also. be sure to disconnect the 2 hot leads coming from the electrical. Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 12:30:14 PM »

sorry Eric:  would still try. never know.   Rad bringing 1.26 lb now   alum .50       copper   got to be $ there  or try E-bay.  Sold mine to local charter operator.  Actually got more than that out of them but was ashamed to tell .  Might check some of the old condensors were all copper = sever hundred $ there.  Bob   

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »

Not an Eagle, but I got about $200 for my compressor.  Welch Industries was buying them for about $250, but shipping would have killed that.  I got a couple hundred for my condenser and evaporator at the scrap yard.  Most or all of my condenser motors were bad which is why the A/C didn't work.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 12:43:03 PM »

Wanted to add :: I am no Eagle Guy.  They are beautiful.  I know little about them.  Just have found not to throw anything away.  Have more than tripled my purchase price of the salvage shell I purchased by selling parts I would not use. Used that money to buy missing parts and conversion parts.  All a pleasant surprise. Still selling parts I didn't use off MCI's I had 15 yrs ago and the 89 prevost I didn't use during conversion.  Never thought they would be worth anything.  Good luck  Eric.  

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 12:45:40 PM »

Eric,
Might check & see if Sodrell (Free Enterprise System Charter Co) still has any Eagles or place on Ebay and list here on this board in spare parts section as well as on BNO and the Eagles boards too.

Ya never know there might be some operator out there is still running Eagles that would like to have spare parts.

Or maybe even someone with a conversion still running OTR might be looking to stock up parts.

I know I just found some old stock brand new *Henry* T-type Drier filters the other day that I didn't remember I even had. Best I recall they were for an Eagle. I'm going to find out for sure and be listing them soon myself.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »

I'm like Bob, I never throw  anything I think someone might have a use for away. (but that is why I have soooooo much junk!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 01:04:45 PM »

Ya know I took some advise from the ERICBSC, and saved all the hoses/lines, batt cables etc. any thing that I thought I could use for other projects and boy! has that stuff come in handy at times Grin Thanks EB of SC Wink Grin

Van

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »

Make a trade deal with Welch.  Your Junk for a working dash air off your engine using a small compressor.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
eagle10

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »

Made a deal with Welch Industries for a dash AC in the 1984 Eagle 10 that we had for 10 years. They took out all of the AC parts that they wanted and put me in a nice dash unit. We took it back to Maine and never used it. We need heat not AC up here most of the time. Worked great. This was about 9 years ago.
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 08:13:05 PM »

Im pertty sure that my dash air just needs charged. It works, just not real well.

I will check out the other leads that have been mentioned.

thanks guys.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 08:29:29 PM »

In Sordell's Eagle's the dash air worked off the cabin AC unless it was changed he never would have done that, he is a stickler for no changes on his buses but he hasn't owned a model 10 since 1994 his buses were sought after big time 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: