Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 08:20:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yikes, the invasion has begun!!!  (Read 2006 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2006, 12:13:36 PM »

The campground is being invaded!!  Last night, Gary and Linda arrived so they would be onhand to help us.  We don't know what we would have done last year without them.  Linda was not just my right arm but my left as well.   Today, she and I went shopping and when we got back, we found that Jack and Paula had arrived.  We expect 4 or 5 more in tonight.  The fun has already started and the lies have begun.  We can't wait till the rest of you arrrive.  We are still getting calls and emails from people that have heard of the rally and want to come and all have been told to 'moandown'.  For those that haven't left yet, be careful on the roads and know that our prayers are with you as you travel.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:01:14 PM »

Cat...we're writhing in anticipation and with a smile from the BusGod's we'll be there just as quickly as Disneyland of NC gets through it's growing pains. Problems with our headlight switch (that I hope I can straithten out in the morning) or we'll have to wait until the morning fog lifts.

Other than that...Dallas and I will chat tonight...I hope...unless I'm at the bus cleaning up the mess the carpenters left....

Cheers to all,

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 06:13:51 PM »

Bob, hotwire them puppies (just joking)...really....Jack can fix'em when you get down to T'ville. 
I'll be on the way as soon as I run into Charlotte and back.
See ya'll midafternoon....or send the towtruck!  Huh
Anita and John will be down on Friday.
Ya'll try to save me a Cronie....please?  I know...only 12 cases...but??
JR  Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 07:05:57 PM »

Not to worry, JR...only that we get there.  The headlights aren't a problem that I cannot solve...it's the mess that the sawdust merchants have left behind that really bugs me.  We'll get there...and hopefully we'll hoist a few of those Cronie's with thanks to the BusGod's for getting us there safetly. Tongue

Everyone going to Timmonsville, please drive safetly and carefully and the good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise...Jackie and Bob will be there.  (But remember at my age I pedal a bit more slowly than most!) Grin

Whenever,

NCbob

Ace

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 05:37:57 AM »

Hey ya'll are late late late! I had my first cronie last night around midnight while munching some snacks and watching a movie on dvd! Hmm Hmm good they say!

Ya'll hurry on up now and drive safe and we'll see you when you get here!

Ace
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 09:08:21 AM »

We got sidetracked a day, Ace, am for that I am truly sorry.  I found a headlamp switch problem Yesterday afternoon and ordered a replacement from NAPA.  It came in early this morning but it was way too foggy here in the mountains to take a chance of leaving with undependable headlamps this morning.  And that allowed us to do saome last minute carpentry as well as install the switch.

We will load today and tonight and get an early start in the morning...and hope be there around 2-3 PM...in time to join you.  I'll ice some down tonight so they'll be good and cold when we get there.

Have a great time, all.

NCbob

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 08:24:05 PM »

We are waiting for updates! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 09:28:43 PM »

Update:  We have 12 buses here now, 2 campers, 1 couple in a rental camper and 1 couple in a hotel.  We have NH, NY,DE,FL,NC,SC,GA,KY so far.  We are expecting 4 more tomorrow, for sure with more possibly coming in.  We have at least 1 wannabee coming tomorrow and he hopes to bring his wife back on Sat to learn more about buses.  They really want a bus.  This AM Dallas got up early and made fresh yeast doughnuts for everyone and will do the same tomorrow.   On Sat and Sun we will be eating Krispy Kreme's.  We got together tonight for lots of TALL tales, lots of laughter and a few visits to check out other buses.  The men went to Home Depot and made it back in the same day, with lots of griping about Dallas driving and about my car, whose name is Spot.  Tomorrow many of us women  are going to Wally world and then on Sat we are hitting the local flea markets.  There are 6 dogs, 5 cats, no kids so far but at least 2 arriving tomorrow after school.  A good bit of beer has been consumed but no one has been rowdy but with bus people we expect that good behavior.  We miss so many of you and wish you had all been able to attend.  We will do more updates tomorrow, or I should say later today but for now, I am about to drop so I'm gonna crash for now.  CYA later dudes and dudettes.  Cat

DavidInWilmNC

1978 MC-8 as I bought it May 2005

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 12:42:39 AM »

We'll be down sometime in the late afternoon on Friday.  This will be my first time driving a bus except for the test drive in May '05.  I've still got quite a bit to do, but you sure won't know it by looking at it!  It's just a big room with some furniture in it, but it's still going to be fun.  As long as the OTR A/C works for the trip, I'll be happy.  My generator still won't start, but I think that will be straigntened out with a little help from NCbob.  Anyway, wish me luck with driving the biggest vehicle I've ever driven... with a 4-speed Spicer thrown in for fun!   Wink

David
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 07:13:30 AM »

Sounds like fun! Ya'll enjoy! I gotta work! I'm leaving shortly to take Murray State Equestrian Team (those girls who horse around), to Sewanee, TN (on top of Mt. Eagle) for a compitition. I'll be gone all weekend, so unless I get lucky an find a wifi signal I'll talk to ya's monday!  By the way I noticed in that roster that ya'll didn't let anyone from GOD"S COUNTRY (TN) come and enjoy! LOL! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
eglluvr

The Quest is But The Beginning...

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 07:21:23 AM »

BK, They let you drive the Girls?  Or You have to Haul the Horses  Wink
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 07:50:45 AM »

BK, They let you drive the Girls?  Or You have to Haul the Horses  Wink

It's TN. You can't tell the difference.  Shocked

Just kidding.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 08:07:54 AM »

Oh youse two are just sooo funny! Come on down to the "TN FALL BUS BASH" I'll leave word with the parking attendant ya'll wanna be down by the horses! LOL! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 04:18:44 AM »

Well, BK, We didn't have a TN guy here at the time but we did have one arrive later.  You TN folk are always late I guess.  HEHEHEHE.  The rally is officially over and most people headed out after lunch on Sunday.  A few had to leave earlier but we still have 6 that stayed over last night.  We had sooooooo much fun.  Between bus tours, visiting, chillin' out, eating, laughter, picking on Ace (lots more laughter) we had lots of fun.  I gave up about 9:30 or so and came home and crashed, with a few doing the same ahead of me and the few that were left out there, not lasting much longer.  Dallas and I truly enjoyed meeting everyone and getting acquainted with them and re-acquainted  with those we had met earlier.  It is nice to be able to roam from campsite to campsite visiting or going down to the pavillion to sit warming up with a cup of hot coffee in one hand and a fresh doughnut in the other, or later in the  day, a soda or beer in one hand and a chunk of pork in the other.  We look forward to our next gathering here and we hope we are hoping to make it to TN but won't know until I get back to work  Cat

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: