Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 04:03:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: repair shop needed  (Read 5138 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 05:43:04 AM »

I hope it just lost the blower drive won't be that expensive to repair

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 09:54:25 AM »

prob no turbo or cooler here- just blower. on old 8 v 71  anything possible. fingersXXXXX for simple non bus total fix.  positive wishes.  Bob

Bob,

He originally identified the engine as a 8V71 "TA".  That is where my confusion comes from. 

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 09:56:39 AM »

I stay confused??? part of my disposition Roll Eyes

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 10:15:23 AM »

Brandon,      They are at Big Mac in Ogallala just off exit 126 on I80.I
m sure they would appreciate a smiling face amongst the chaos and feeling screwed over .Even just a friendly busin face..The shop address is 25 River Rd...Thanks....  Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »

JohnEd,

I believe the "TA" in the original post refers to the TravelCenters of America truckstop where they were stuck.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 11:42:44 AM »

Brandon,

I second Cable. Would you please stop by and see what is going on. I hope they are getting it figured out.

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 06:15:35 PM »

Kevin said the blower shards got into the engine. Looks like a $6K in frame. Will take a few weeks. They're gonna rent a car and go home tomorrow. Then come back when it's done. Interesting side note. The emergency shut down flapper was wired open. Scary! They were lucky. I hope he wrote this all down so he gets it all right when he tells the story. Which I'm sure he will...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
John316

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 07:00:03 PM »

Bummer, Cable. Thanks for letting us know. I was hoping that wasn't it. Darn. Feel bad for him.

Kevin, sorry that this happened to you. Nobody likes this kind of thing happening. It will make a great story later on, though.  Grin

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »

JohnEd,

I believe the "TA" in the original post refers to the TravelCenters of America truckstop where they were stuck.

Bob

Bob,

Amazing!  I even went back and re-read  it and still came up with the same misunderstanding.  Guess I will have to give up performing brain surgery.LOL

Sad story.  Wish them the best in this dismal situation.

Thanks Bob for taking the time,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 08:34:38 PM »

JohnEd @@@@@@@ TA Truck Stop hope that helps lol

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 08:39:15 PM »

Your too late Cliffy. Wink   Bob beat you too it.  All you get is sloppy seconds. LOL  But your timing is still impeccable.  Har.

John

—Pla
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 07:05:16 AM »

Really sad reminds me of another guy here bought a 4106 that had all the electric fans on it he bought his in the west somewhere and was headed back east and lost the engine in El Paso.
I have often wondered if he just left the bus and forgot about it or what happened I still have the heads I was giving him that Dallas was going to install  been over 2 years now not a word he probably cut his loses and moved on.  
You guys need to check the bearing in the blowers every couple of years for play this is what happens when a bearing fails  
I hope the couple gets out of the shop for 6 grand don't know about that price with blown blower so many unknowns I would have bought a good used lefty from one of GM guys for a 1000 bucks and gave that a try as tight as they are on cash.
I know of a bus in Payette Id with a good fresh lefty engine he can buy and drive it back Neb and sell the rest for scrap  

good luck
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:01:28 AM by luvrbus » Logged

5B Steve

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 07:24:26 AM »

It probably wouldn't hurt if everyone would do an OIL ANALYSIS every once in awhile to see if they have any

bearing ware.

Steve 5B......
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 07:28:16 AM »

That's a good idea also Steve people just don't spend time a money to bad a oil sample doesn't tell you where the metal is coming from it would save a lot of time and money

good luck

John316

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 08:23:10 AM »

Really sad reminds me of another guy here bought a 4106 that had all the electric fans on it he bought his in the west somewhere and was headed back east and lost the engine in El Paso.
I have often wondered if he just left the bus and forgot about it or what happened I still have the heads I was giving him that Dallas was going to install  been over 2 years now not a word he probably cut his lose and moved on.  
good luck

I remember them too, Clifford. I wonder what happened to them....hmmmm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: