Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 12:34:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KAMPIN WURLD  (Read 3364 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2011, 07:25:53 PM »

The monkey loves brown rice, he knows that if he reaches into the tube and puts his hand in the plate for the brown rice, he is going to get shocked, but he does this, time after time. 

Why? 

Because the monkey never learns and of course ... he loves brown rice.

It is hot, very hot and traffic is bad.  I hate coming to the city, I hate it even more when I get stuck there for “rush hour.”  Which is a misnomer if I ever heard of one, why it is called “rush hour” when everyone moves at a very slow pace, it is simply beyond me.  Here is another one, that I do not understand, "People picking their nose inside an automobile stuck in traffic.  Do you really believe you are invisible and no one see's you?"

I need a switch, and I know where to go to get one.

Walking into the dead as a graveyard Camping World store, I search in vain for the two things I am looking for.  One is some kind of help, there seems to be none available, and the other is the item I came to purchase to begin with.  A little 12 volt rocker switch on a chrome plate.

After a little searching I locate high up on a rack four little 12 volt rocker arm switches on chrome plates, $5.00 and some change (each).  I grab two and head for the checkout.  At the checkout, I find no one there to take my money, so I patiently stand there, fish out some singles from my pocket and then I hear a voice say “I can help you over here.”

Turning and looking in the direction of the voice, I spy a rather portly heavy set woman at a service counter, motioning me to come her way.  She wants me to come over to her, I guess so she won’t have to waddle over to my location to do the sale.

She takes the two items from me and says, “Are you a member of the President’s club?” and I reply, “No.”

She then says, “Would you like to join?” and I reply, “No.”

She then says, “it could save you a LOT of money, if you were to join.” 

Once again for the third time say to her, “I am not interested.”

She then rings up the two items and barks at me, “telephone number and zip code.” So I say to her, “What for?” She says it is “required, and we need it.”

So I say, “No.”  (Which incidentally, I am getting really good at here lately.)  She not to be deterred, then says, rather sternly this time, “telephone number and zip code.”

I then ask her a question, I say to her, “Is the word PLEASE in your vocabulary?” 

This doesn’t make rather large woman very happy and she tells me flat out ... “You will not get these items unless you supply me with a telephone number and a zip code!”

To which I replied, “People in hell want ice water, and YOU know what you can do with those two switches dontcha?”

I then turned, exited the store and left with her standing there holding the two items I went in there to fetch.

This is a prime example of why Camping World is in the dumper and going down the tubes, crap like this.  Lousy service and prices to match.  As I know it is frowned upon in some circles “to tell the truth about some of these vendors” I will stop right here.

Moral of the story .......

All I had to do was tell her 525-00** (which is Dial A Prayer in Oklahoma City) and I doubt if she would have known the difference, just given her 94580 (my sister’s house in San Lorenzo, California) and I would have had the two elusive switches.

But no .... You see the monkey never learns. 

Kinda like what Dr. Phil sez .... “Do you wanna be right or do you wanna be happy?”  I guess I am just too old or too cranky to play the game anymore.  Now if you excuse me, I am going out to the shop, find me some trash aluminum and build my own switch plate and use a toggle switch instead of the rocker and the rest of it is history.

Have A Good Weekend.

BCO

demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »

Sounds similiar to the conversation that I had with a person who owns the property that I was doing county work on.   I think it has something to do with the heat lol  Grin
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »

Sounds similiar to the conversation that I had with a person who owns the property that I was doing county work on.   I think it has something to do with the heat lol  Grin

In Kampin Wurld's case, heat has nothing to do with it.  Heat can be cured with air conditioning, now stoooopid that is another thing altogether.  In any case .... Every day in life is a learning process.  Some days are diamonds and some days are stone (from the song with the same lyric’s ... child of the sixties, what can I say?) 

Today I learned my lesson about Camping World, and this:

When you drink Vodka over ice, it can give you kidney failure,  when you drink Rum over ice, it can give you liver failure, when you drink whiskey over ice, it can give you heart problems, and finally, when you drink Gin over ice, it can give you brain problems.

Apparently, ice is really bad for you.  Warn all your friends stay outta Campin World and lay off the ice.

BCO

jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 05:41:42 AM »

Life is not difficult I just make it that way!    JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:08:49 AM »

Don, have you considered that maybe the woman might have had a crush on you Shocked Some women have a strange way of showing it Lol!  Are you sure this wasn't the KW in Henderson? Lips Sealed

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
hargreaves
1987 MCI 102A3

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 08:25:48 AM »

Hey BCO did you get my e mail i sent the other day?

now as of Feb 2012 series 50 B400  . Sunshine Coast British Columbia
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 08:38:45 AM »

Hey BCO did you get my e mail i sent the other day?

Uh, no sir, sure didn't .... i will check my spam filter, sometimes it goes there, you can use the mail feature on my website, I know it works or you can try it again .... ldsrr91@gmail.com

Sorry about that.

BCO

POST NOTE:  Just checked the spam box and it aint in there.  Didn't make the trip ... You will have to try again.

BCO
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:59:33 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »

Life is not difficult I just make it that way!    JIm

We are all products of our environment.  Is that what you are saying?

If retailers want specific information on their respective customers then the very least they can do is "ask for it politely" if they cannot, then they can kiss the part of me that goes over the fence last.

I am not a dog and I don't jump thru hoops to give someone my money when they bark at me ....

BCO  

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:00:35 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 08:51:20 AM »

Don, have you considered that maybe the woman might have had a crush on you Shocked Some women have a strange way of showing it Lol!  Are you sure this wasn't the KW in Henderson? Lips Sealed

As it is my habit, I have saved the best for last (just my nature, insert smiley face here)

Crush.  Are you kidding me?  Now that is funny, only thing I heard this week funnier than that, was some guy telling everyone he was going to write how to do Safety Inspections on a bus and then two days later tells everyone "he had on 18 PSI in his tires!"  

Yeah crush, I am sure.

I bought an AC at the one (KW) down the road from you on a trip, we were there for two days, stayed in their parking lot.  And now they have built an I-Hop right across the street from the joint ... I mean ... Have I died and gone on to heaven?

Someone pinch me!  I cannot believe it myself.

BCO
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:54:57 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »

At least the two Camping Worlds that are here in the Los Angeles area always have plenty of help to answer questions. Granted at times they're prices are not the lowest (especially when ordering a custom out of the catalog piece-they don't give any price breaks-except the 10% if you're Presidents Club [have saved hundreds of dollars because of that]).  The mear fact that Camping World is nearly everywhere across country is a good thing.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »

I know how you feel though - it is the principle of the thing. Why would they need your phone number? Maybe there was a possibility that those switches could be recalled and they would want to be able to contact you - not likely.
I have had a lot of stores ask for my zip code and I don't mind giving it to them, because they use it for marketing research. They want to know where most of their customers live so they know where to target their advertising, and so if they ever consider building a new location, they could pick a spot conveniently located near the greatest number of their customers.
Phone numbers are personal, though. What if you said you didn't have a phone? You could have said in a sobbing voice, "I don't have a home."
My husband doesn't know his zip code even though I have told him repeated it is on his driver's license, and half the time he forgets his phone number too.
BTW, San Lorenzo was my very first address until I was 4.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »

When Gravin owned CW it was a good place to shop had top of the line products not like it is now since the Affinity Group ( Good Sams) got hold of it in the late 1990's now it is selling junk with help that are dumber than a box of rocks.
I won't shop one and haven't in over 10 years

Life is short drink the good wine first
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »

The mear fact that Camping World is nearly everywhere across country is a good thing.  Good Luck, TomC

The store in OKC is pathetic and it has seen the last of me.  I have shopped and spent money in Denton, Texas, Nashville, Tn and Henderson NV.  But I am now done with Camping World.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 12:59:04 PM »

I know how you feel though - it is the principle of the thing. Why would they need your phone number? Maybe there was a possibility that those switches could be recalled and they would want to be able to contact you - not likely.
I have had a lot of stores ask for my zip code and I don't mind giving it to them, because they use it for marketing research. They want to know where most of their customers live so they know where to target their advertising, and so if they ever consider building a new location, they could pick a spot conveniently located near the greatest number of their customers.
Phone numbers are personal, though. What if you said you didn't have a phone? You could have said in a sobbing voice, "I don't have a home."
My husband doesn't know his zip code even though I have told him repeated it is on his driver's license, and half the time he forgets his phone number too.
BTW, San Lorenzo was my very first address until I was 4.

My sister lives there, my mother in Hayward.  Lot of people living in the Bay Area now.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »

I won't shop one and haven't in over 10 years

Well, I guess that makes two of us.  I saw a generator there, priced at $959 and some change (no presidents club) and then I saw it at Home Depot for a little more than $600.

It all comes down to "choice" in the end, and they are not offering much these days.

BCO

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: