Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 08:49:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KAMPIN WURLD  (Read 3263 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2011, 07:25:53 PM »

The monkey loves brown rice, he knows that if he reaches into the tube and puts his hand in the plate for the brown rice, he is going to get shocked, but he does this, time after time. 

Why? 

Because the monkey never learns and of course ... he loves brown rice.

It is hot, very hot and traffic is bad.  I hate coming to the city, I hate it even more when I get stuck there for “rush hour.”  Which is a misnomer if I ever heard of one, why it is called “rush hour” when everyone moves at a very slow pace, it is simply beyond me.  Here is another one, that I do not understand, "People picking their nose inside an automobile stuck in traffic.  Do you really believe you are invisible and no one see's you?"

I need a switch, and I know where to go to get one.

Walking into the dead as a graveyard Camping World store, I search in vain for the two things I am looking for.  One is some kind of help, there seems to be none available, and the other is the item I came to purchase to begin with.  A little 12 volt rocker switch on a chrome plate.

After a little searching I locate high up on a rack four little 12 volt rocker arm switches on chrome plates, $5.00 and some change (each).  I grab two and head for the checkout.  At the checkout, I find no one there to take my money, so I patiently stand there, fish out some singles from my pocket and then I hear a voice say “I can help you over here.”

Turning and looking in the direction of the voice, I spy a rather portly heavy set woman at a service counter, motioning me to come her way.  She wants me to come over to her, I guess so she won’t have to waddle over to my location to do the sale.

She takes the two items from me and says, “Are you a member of the President’s club?” and I reply, “No.”

She then says, “Would you like to join?” and I reply, “No.”

She then says, “it could save you a LOT of money, if you were to join.” 

Once again for the third time say to her, “I am not interested.”

She then rings up the two items and barks at me, “telephone number and zip code.” So I say to her, “What for?” She says it is “required, and we need it.”

So I say, “No.”  (Which incidentally, I am getting really good at here lately.)  She not to be deterred, then says, rather sternly this time, “telephone number and zip code.”

I then ask her a question, I say to her, “Is the word PLEASE in your vocabulary?” 

This doesn’t make rather large woman very happy and she tells me flat out ... “You will not get these items unless you supply me with a telephone number and a zip code!”

To which I replied, “People in hell want ice water, and YOU know what you can do with those two switches dontcha?”

I then turned, exited the store and left with her standing there holding the two items I went in there to fetch.

This is a prime example of why Camping World is in the dumper and going down the tubes, crap like this.  Lousy service and prices to match.  As I know it is frowned upon in some circles “to tell the truth about some of these vendors” I will stop right here.

Moral of the story .......

All I had to do was tell her 525-00** (which is Dial A Prayer in Oklahoma City) and I doubt if she would have known the difference, just given her 94580 (my sister’s house in San Lorenzo, California) and I would have had the two elusive switches.

But no .... You see the monkey never learns. 

Kinda like what Dr. Phil sez .... “Do you wanna be right or do you wanna be happy?”  I guess I am just too old or too cranky to play the game anymore.  Now if you excuse me, I am going out to the shop, find me some trash aluminum and build my own switch plate and use a toggle switch instead of the rocker and the rest of it is history.

Have A Good Weekend.

BCO

demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »

Sounds similiar to the conversation that I had with a person who owns the property that I was doing county work on.   I think it has something to do with the heat lol  Grin
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »

Sounds similiar to the conversation that I had with a person who owns the property that I was doing county work on.   I think it has something to do with the heat lol  Grin

In Kampin Wurld's case, heat has nothing to do with it.  Heat can be cured with air conditioning, now stoooopid that is another thing altogether.  In any case .... Every day in life is a learning process.  Some days are diamonds and some days are stone (from the song with the same lyric’s ... child of the sixties, what can I say?) 

Today I learned my lesson about Camping World, and this:

When you drink Vodka over ice, it can give you kidney failure,  when you drink Rum over ice, it can give you liver failure, when you drink whiskey over ice, it can give you heart problems, and finally, when you drink Gin over ice, it can give you brain problems.

Apparently, ice is really bad for you.  Warn all your friends stay outta Campin World and lay off the ice.

BCO

jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 05:41:42 AM »

Life is not difficult I just make it that way!    JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:08:49 AM »

Don, have you considered that maybe the woman might have had a crush on you Shocked Some women have a strange way of showing it Lol!  Are you sure this wasn't the KW in Henderson? Lips Sealed

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
hargreaves
1987 MCI 102A3

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 08:25:48 AM »

Hey BCO did you get my e mail i sent the other day?

now as of Feb 2012 series 50 B400  . Sunshine Coast British Columbia
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 08:38:45 AM »

Hey BCO did you get my e mail i sent the other day?

Uh, no sir, sure didn't .... i will check my spam filter, sometimes it goes there, you can use the mail feature on my website, I know it works or you can try it again .... ldsrr91@gmail.com

Sorry about that.

BCO

POST NOTE:  Just checked the spam box and it aint in there.  Didn't make the trip ... You will have to try again.

BCO
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:59:33 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »

Life is not difficult I just make it that way!    JIm

We are all products of our environment.  Is that what you are saying?

If retailers want specific information on their respective customers then the very least they can do is "ask for it politely" if they cannot, then they can kiss the part of me that goes over the fence last.

I am not a dog and I don't jump thru hoops to give someone my money when they bark at me ....

BCO  

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:00:35 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 08:51:20 AM »

Don, have you considered that maybe the woman might have had a crush on you Shocked Some women have a strange way of showing it Lol!  Are you sure this wasn't the KW in Henderson? Lips Sealed

As it is my habit, I have saved the best for last (just my nature, insert smiley face here)

Crush.  Are you kidding me?  Now that is funny, only thing I heard this week funnier than that, was some guy telling everyone he was going to write how to do Safety Inspections on a bus and then two days later tells everyone "he had on 18 PSI in his tires!"  

Yeah crush, I am sure.

I bought an AC at the one (KW) down the road from you on a trip, we were there for two days, stayed in their parking lot.  And now they have built an I-Hop right across the street from the joint ... I mean ... Have I died and gone on to heaven?

Someone pinch me!  I cannot believe it myself.

BCO
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:54:57 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »

At least the two Camping Worlds that are here in the Los Angeles area always have plenty of help to answer questions. Granted at times they're prices are not the lowest (especially when ordering a custom out of the catalog piece-they don't give any price breaks-except the 10% if you're Presidents Club [have saved hundreds of dollars because of that]).  The mear fact that Camping World is nearly everywhere across country is a good thing.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »

I know how you feel though - it is the principle of the thing. Why would they need your phone number? Maybe there was a possibility that those switches could be recalled and they would want to be able to contact you - not likely.
I have had a lot of stores ask for my zip code and I don't mind giving it to them, because they use it for marketing research. They want to know where most of their customers live so they know where to target their advertising, and so if they ever consider building a new location, they could pick a spot conveniently located near the greatest number of their customers.
Phone numbers are personal, though. What if you said you didn't have a phone? You could have said in a sobbing voice, "I don't have a home."
My husband doesn't know his zip code even though I have told him repeated it is on his driver's license, and half the time he forgets his phone number too.
BTW, San Lorenzo was my very first address until I was 4.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »

When Gravin owned CW it was a good place to shop had top of the line products not like it is now since the Affinity Group ( Good Sams) got hold of it in the late 1990's now it is selling junk with help that are dumber than a box of rocks.
I won't shop one and haven't in over 10 years

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »

The mear fact that Camping World is nearly everywhere across country is a good thing.  Good Luck, TomC

The store in OKC is pathetic and it has seen the last of me.  I have shopped and spent money in Denton, Texas, Nashville, Tn and Henderson NV.  But I am now done with Camping World.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 12:59:04 PM »

I know how you feel though - it is the principle of the thing. Why would they need your phone number? Maybe there was a possibility that those switches could be recalled and they would want to be able to contact you - not likely.
I have had a lot of stores ask for my zip code and I don't mind giving it to them, because they use it for marketing research. They want to know where most of their customers live so they know where to target their advertising, and so if they ever consider building a new location, they could pick a spot conveniently located near the greatest number of their customers.
Phone numbers are personal, though. What if you said you didn't have a phone? You could have said in a sobbing voice, "I don't have a home."
My husband doesn't know his zip code even though I have told him repeated it is on his driver's license, and half the time he forgets his phone number too.
BTW, San Lorenzo was my very first address until I was 4.

My sister lives there, my mother in Hayward.  Lot of people living in the Bay Area now.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »

I won't shop one and haven't in over 10 years

Well, I guess that makes two of us.  I saw a generator there, priced at $959 and some change (no presidents club) and then I saw it at Home Depot for a little more than $600.

It all comes down to "choice" in the end, and they are not offering much these days.

BCO

blank

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 06:04:14 PM »

I hant been inside a KW in almost 10 years, and dont ever intend to again. Pretty much for all the above reasons. Every one ive been in I have been treated indfferently and the people are generally rude. They seem to have the opinion they are the only shop in town, and if you dont like it, there's the door. I found the door on my own. They are not the only camping supply around. Use the Web and you can always find a camper dealer somewhere.

RnMAdventures

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 06:45:19 PM »

This doesn’t make rather large woman very happy and she tells me flat out ... “You will not get these items unless you supply me with a telephone number and a zip code!”

But no .... You see the monkey never learns. 

LOL, I would have tested the envelope and told her I was a vagabond and did not own a phone. That stuff irritates me as well.

Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »

Welcome aboard Hurricane. You summed up what little bit I was going to add to the conversation. Except that I would have bought a set of tires from the one in Wilsonville, Or if the help had only understood the questions I was asking about the tires and their mounting practices. I was even willing to loan them my 12X multiplier because they claimed they didn't have a torque wrench that went up to 500 pounds or a man strong enough to heft a wrench that size. Sorry CW, jokes on you, Will

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 06:13:49 AM »

Now that is funny, only thing I heard this week funnier than that, was some guy telling everyone he was going to write how to do Safety Inspections on a bus and then two days later tells everyone "he had on 18 PSI in his tires!"  

wow, another shot at me Angry.

Yes, even folks who devote a lot of time and effort towards emphasizing safety make mistakes and/or have issues.  The thread is here:

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2404&sid=ab7983b4eb0c2eebe7c337126de5cd8b

Jim
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:08:34 AM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 08:33:13 AM »

Now that is funny, only thing I heard this week funnier than that, was some guy telling everyone he was going to write how to do Safety Inspections on a bus and then two days later tells everyone "he had on 18 PSI in his tires!"  

Yes, even folks who devote a lot of time and effort towards emphasizing safety make mistakes and/or have issues.  The thread is here:

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2404&sid=ab7983b4eb0c2eebe7c337126de5cd8b

Jim

Well lookie there, and on my string, I am impressed.  I naturally figured you were one of the two who were ignoring me, must have been in error.  As Len is fond of saying “BCO ... Wrong again!”  Just because I have been absent from the old bus club, doesn’t necessarily mean I have not been paying attention.  I sneak over from time to time and take a gander at it. Actually there is a typo in that ... It should read "he had only 18 P.S.I. in his tires."

You don’t see the humor in someone who sells “Safety Systems” (tire monitors and the like) and fails to utilize them and then finds his tires with 18 P.S.I.? (which by the way, is a flat tire in Oklahoma, I don’t know what you call it in Colorado) 

Here is a guy who makes it his life mission to tell everyone “how to do it” and then he drops the ball on his own stuff ... You don’t find that amusing?  Well, excuse me. 

I do stooooooopid stuff all the time ... What I don't do is provide a link to it.  Lighten up. Meanwhile, I sincerely hope you can find time to resolve your issues and of course, put some air in your tires.

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 08:46:36 AM »

I thought you couldn't read a post if you were ignored I don't know for sure as I don't ignore anyone well maybe not with button lol but that was a cheap shoot Don taking something from another board,I take my shots at Jim sometimes but I do where he posted love you man

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 09:09:38 AM »

Nobody ever seen the cobbler's kids feet?

The mechanic's personal car?

So, what do you think Safety folks do?

Settle down, we need all the help and humility we can get in this hobby.

It would be pretty quiet if only perfect people posted.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 09:41:31 AM »

BCO, I do see the humor in my mistakes.  That is why I post them - so other folks can laugh with me and, hopefully, benefit.  That is why I made the link available so that folks could see the comment in context.  If we don't post about our mistakes folks can't benefit.  In a thread a while ago Brian B caught heck about his approach to a problem that resulted in a costly mistake.  However, anyone reading that thread benefited.

I don't ignore anyone.  I read most of your posts on the main board and a few on the off topics forum as well.  In the past few months I have enjoyed many of your thread and posts. 

I get frustrated when you post negative things about me (directly or innuendo).  If it came in the form of friendly jabbing (like Clifford and other do), then I actually enjoy it.  Many times in the past, your jabbing has been less than friendly (some were downright personal) and I assumed that was the case this time as well.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 11:03:32 AM »

I thought you couldn't read a post if you were ignored I don't know for sure as I don't ignore anyone well maybe not with button lol but that was a cheap shoot Don taking something from another board,I take my shots at Jim sometimes but I do where he posted love you man

good luck

What is that you often say, "trying to pole vault over an ant hill" or something like that?  What is the big deal, nothing here.  Just another "balanced opinion" was all it was.  The comment was directed to Van and no one else, look at it again, no links, no names, just something that I thought was funny (and I still do, to the point of being almost ludicrous, which is an adjective, which means something so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing).

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, then it is gonna (most likely) be a duck.  

Now if I was out for cheap shots, I don't have to go very far to find one, they are all over the place.  You don't have to search the internet for them, swing a dead cat in any direction and you will find the fodder for them.

Contrary to what some might think ... I am not about that, and if I was, a lot of this and the bus club, would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Next time I will email it to Van and screw this _________ .

End of story.

BCO
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:16:52 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 01:57:22 PM »

I make mistakes all the time.  Sometimes, I am absolutely amazed by how dumb they seem in retrospect.  On our recent trip, I would hear a clicking that was in synch with the tire speed if I opened the toll window.  I inspected all the tires and wheel-wells several times as we went along and found nothing.  I inspected clearance on the drive shaft but found no problems.  I decided that it was something minor but would continue periodic checks as we went along.  About 500 miles into the trip, I thought to myself that I had the front tires removed before leaving.  Maybe the left wheel, which I was now convinced was making the sound, was not torqued properly.  I went to check it when we stopped.  The very first lug nut I grabbed could be turned by hand!  I got out the breaker bar and an extension and tightened it up, but it turned out that all the other nine nuts were fine.  I guess they really only missed that one.  I was absolutely amazed though that it had taken me 500 miles to think about checking the lugs.

By the way, the noise turned out to be the stainless steel wheel cover.  Through numerous R&R's the holes had been reamed out enough that it was flopping around as the wheel turned.  I only found that out when I was checking the lugs.  Now, I would expect that if anyone reading this had a similar noise problem, they might remember this tale and check the lugs and wheel cover.  If so, I have done good in reporting this.

After having an accident and breaking some ribs while working on my house some years ago, I was laughing about it with a friend who was a contractor.  I said that it seemed that I was prone to dumb mistakes like that.  He answered that it really happens to everyone, but I was just more open to ratting myself out.  Mistakes happen.  There is really an awful lot of stuff to keep on top of with these monsters.  Merely because one guy is an expert on engines does not mean he will not have an avoidable engine failure.  Merely because someone is an expert on AC does not mean that he will never be caught in the desert with a failed AC.  Same goes for safety stuff.  Sharing these stories, rather than pridefully keeping them a secret, is valuable to the rest of us.  I agree that the irony in a given situation can be funny, but it is only the more cautionary for the rest of us.  Until I reach the level of being infallible, I will continue to laugh with rather than at my fellow perps.

BACK ON TOPIC:  I enjoy walking through stores like CW even though I rarely buy anything there.  I love to see what gadgets and solutions they have on sale (even the many devices they have for things that I could not even conceive of as being problems).  It's sort of like a walk on a nature trail; you never know what you will find.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 05:29:12 PM »

Lin, i too had a clicking noise that i could only hear at low speeds, like you it took me a while, (200 miles-mostly on the freeway) to figure out that i had a couple of loose lug nuts.....one of the reasons that now nobody but me touches my wheels on any of my rigs. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2011, 05:50:35 PM »

Jim

Well, Jim, If you hadn't been trying to hid your foo paw and get away with sump'n the board wouldn't be all over you....LOL  Seemed a good anecdote to remind us that we need to change batteries once in a while or every six years...whichever comes first.  Still, had it not been for your pressure pro system you might have been shopping for a new/different tire of a peculiar diameter.

Thanks for the post.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »

the only people who dont make mistakes are the people who dont do anything.
Our bus had the clicking noise once, but it was a wheel bearing.

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
blank

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2011, 07:18:05 PM »

I found a pair or pliers up inside the wing of an airplane once. A certified A&E mechanic left them there, with his name clearly ground into them. I showed em to Bob. He looked at the name, laughed, and told me thats why you NEVER put your name on your tools, or why you just use someone elses. Its ludicrous to expect perfection, were human, we all make mistakes. The problem is that some people get farther through life before they make a mistake. All that does is stroke their ego, proving in thier mind they are infalible, and above everyone else. Only they usually make the biggest mistakes. Eventually.

My flight surgeons Father was just such a man. He was a Dr., a flight surgeon, a commercial pilot, a flight instructor, had an A&E license, and was FAA certified as an inspector. He not only could work on his own airplane, he could sign it off himself, didnt need anyone looking over his shoulder. He's also dead by the way. The windshield he installed and signed off himself came in on him in flight.

Laughing at the guy who makes a mistake only sets the trigger against yourself. Ive made a few. I didnt tighten the lugs nuts tight enough on a car of a girl I was dating. The wheel came off on her way home. Thankfully I learned the lesson young and re-doubled my efforts. And no, she never spoke to me again.

A Beech Bonanza had had a complete teardown and airframe overhaul. After it was completed the mechanic and owner took it up for a test flight. On takeoff the plane made a several wild manuevers before crashing upside down nose first into the ground. It was found the aileron flight controls were reversed. Two well trained and highly capable people inspected it several times and it still killed them. So dont laugh. The last laugh could be on YOU.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2011, 08:14:14 PM »

Sometimes folks fail to see the irony in things especially when it may concern them. You do have to chuckle a bit Jim!  Cheesy Don't feel like the lone ranger. I'm the thread tape guy that posted about my mistake. At least you know I'm checking my tire pressure before my next outing now. Folks learn more from their mistakes and we sure have our share of them around here!! Now your just one of the guys!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 12:53:34 AM »

Don......back on topic.....KW and rude clerks.

You missed it good buddy.  A golden opportunity.  They are everywhere and missing one isn't all that unusual but it is still a shame, none the less.  

I went into a AT&T mobile phone store for a little gizmo adapter thingy last year.  The clerk told me it would fit my phone but I didn't have that with me at the time.....another long story.  Well I bought said said "watchamacallit" for a few dollars and went home.  It didn't fit and that was the simple truth.  The next day I took it back and handed it to the clerk and said I will take you up on that exchange offer.  He looked at the phone and the adapter and went into the back room.  He came out and handed me my "mistake" and said "the manager said it couldn't be exchanged because you opened the blister pack."  I asked if he could have determined that it wouldn't fit without, himself, opening the blister pack and he said"no, I couldn't but he said no so there is nothing I can do".  I thought for a short moment and then I bellowed in that poor young mans face that he told me that I could exchange it and that was what they were going to do.  I mean really nasty sounding and LOUD.  I watched the blood drain from his face and he turned chalk white.  Now that was really interesting as I was watching him like you might watch a bug.  I bellowed "I want that manager out here immediately.  You work for that jerk and you told me I could exchange that thingy so that's as good as him telling me that.  WHERE IS THAT MANAGER?"  Without a word the clerk went into the back room and was gone only seconds before retuning.  He said " I will give you a full refund".  I said "and an apology for this aggravation".  As he opened the register he said "I am sorry about this".  He handed me my $4.95 and said in a low tone " I can't believe you have done this over $4.95"  I snatched the money out of his hand and said "You little disrespectful twerp.  Be thankful it wasn't $5 even or more.  Past that I take it personal and it gets ugly".

Don, my blood pressure didn't go up even a single tick despite my face turning blood red.  i am certain of that.  I can't say that I actually felt better or avenged so much as I felt deeply amused.  I was the only one in the room that knew the truth that I wasn't really angry....just watching in a detached sort of way.  But it was constructive in that the mgr never dared to show his face and i think all involved there drew information from that.  I can imagine, and it is really a long shot, but, that clerk might start keeping a revolver in the cash drawer and the next time he is told to screw a customer he could possibly shoot the manager or himself or even the the hapless customer.  Now that would be a dramatic change and possibly not for the better but things were pretty screwed up in that operation so who knows.  Maybe someone there became a minister.  The only thing I feel comfortable in assuring is that that clerk will NEVER tell a customer "the manager said to screw you so that is what I am going to do....sorry".

Major mirth, Huh Roll Eyes Cool

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 03:25:51 AM »

Don......back on topic.....KW and rude clerks.

You missed it good buddy.  A golden opportunity.  They are everywhere and missing one isn't all that unusual but it is still a shame, none the less.  

I went into a AT&T mobile phone store for a little gizmo adapter thingy last year.  The clerk told me it would fit my phone but I didn't have that with me at the time.....another long story.  Well I bought said said "watchamacallit" for a few dollars and went home.  It didn't fit and that was the simple truth.  The next day I took it back and handed it to the clerk and said I will take you up on that exchange offer.  He looked at the phone and the adapter and went into the back room.  He came out and handed me my "mistake" and said "the manager said it couldn't be exchanged because you opened the blister pack."  I asked if he could have determined that it wouldn't fit without, himself, opening the blister pack and he said"no, I couldn't but he said no so there is nothing I can do".  I thought for a short moment and then I bellowed in that poor young mans face that he told me that I could exchange it and that was what they were going to do.  I mean really nasty sounding and LOUD.  I watched the blood drain from his face and he turned chalk white.  Now that was really interesting as I was watching him like you might watch a bug.  I bellowed "I want that manager out here immediately.  You work for that jerk and you told me I could exchange that thingy so that's as good as him telling me that.  WHERE IS THAT MANAGER?"  Without a word the clerk went into the back room and was gone only seconds before retuning.  He said " I will give you a full refund".  I said "and an apology for this aggravation".  As he opened the register he said "I am sorry about this".  He handed me my $4.95 and said in a low tone " I can't believe you have done this over $4.95"  I snatched the money out of his hand and said "You little disrespectful twerp.  Be thankful it wasn't $5 even or more.  Past that I take it personal and it gets ugly".

Don, my blood pressure didn't go up even a single tick despite my face turning blood red.  i am certain of that.  I can't say that I actually felt better or avenged so much as I felt deeply amused.  I was the only one in the room that knew the truth that I wasn't really angry....just watching in a detached sort of way.  But it was constructive in that the mgr never dared to show his face and i think all involved there drew information from that.  I can imagine, and it is really a long shot, but, that clerk might start keeping a revolver in the cash drawer and the next time he is told to screw a customer he could possibly shoot the manager or himself or even the the hapless customer.  Now that would be a dramatic change and possibly not for the better but things were pretty screwed up in that operation so who knows.  Maybe someone there became a minister.  The only thing I feel comfortable in assuring is that that clerk will NEVER tell a customer "the manager said to screw you so that is what I am going to do....sorry".

Major mirth, Huh Roll Eyes Cool

John

Hey John, thanks for the comment, this is what the thread "was supposed to be about" to begin with.  I am not going to make any more comments on it (for obvious reasons) and posted a copy of the story on my webpage this morning and sent an email to the CEO of the company for his perusal. 

Here is the link:  http://boxcarokie.com/2011/08/01/kampin-world/

BCO
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:33:03 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

chev49

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »

I just have a simple question... "How are you saving money if more of it is going out of your wallet then  coming in?"    Grin

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »

I just have a simple question... "How are you saving money if more of it is going out of your wallet then  coming in?"    Grin

Sounds like a question for your local congressman!!   Grin

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: