Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 01:16:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KAMPIN WURLD  (Read 3392 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 12:53:34 AM »

Don......back on topic.....KW and rude clerks.

You missed it good buddy.  A golden opportunity.  They are everywhere and missing one isn't all that unusual but it is still a shame, none the less.  

I went into a AT&T mobile phone store for a little gizmo adapter thingy last year.  The clerk told me it would fit my phone but I didn't have that with me at the time.....another long story.  Well I bought said said "watchamacallit" for a few dollars and went home.  It didn't fit and that was the simple truth.  The next day I took it back and handed it to the clerk and said I will take you up on that exchange offer.  He looked at the phone and the adapter and went into the back room.  He came out and handed me my "mistake" and said "the manager said it couldn't be exchanged because you opened the blister pack."  I asked if he could have determined that it wouldn't fit without, himself, opening the blister pack and he said"no, I couldn't but he said no so there is nothing I can do".  I thought for a short moment and then I bellowed in that poor young mans face that he told me that I could exchange it and that was what they were going to do.  I mean really nasty sounding and LOUD.  I watched the blood drain from his face and he turned chalk white.  Now that was really interesting as I was watching him like you might watch a bug.  I bellowed "I want that manager out here immediately.  You work for that jerk and you told me I could exchange that thingy so that's as good as him telling me that.  WHERE IS THAT MANAGER?"  Without a word the clerk went into the back room and was gone only seconds before retuning.  He said " I will give you a full refund".  I said "and an apology for this aggravation".  As he opened the register he said "I am sorry about this".  He handed me my $4.95 and said in a low tone " I can't believe you have done this over $4.95"  I snatched the money out of his hand and said "You little disrespectful twerp.  Be thankful it wasn't $5 even or more.  Past that I take it personal and it gets ugly".

Don, my blood pressure didn't go up even a single tick despite my face turning blood red.  i am certain of that.  I can't say that I actually felt better or avenged so much as I felt deeply amused.  I was the only one in the room that knew the truth that I wasn't really angry....just watching in a detached sort of way.  But it was constructive in that the mgr never dared to show his face and i think all involved there drew information from that.  I can imagine, and it is really a long shot, but, that clerk might start keeping a revolver in the cash drawer and the next time he is told to screw a customer he could possibly shoot the manager or himself or even the the hapless customer.  Now that would be a dramatic change and possibly not for the better but things were pretty screwed up in that operation so who knows.  Maybe someone there became a minister.  The only thing I feel comfortable in assuring is that that clerk will NEVER tell a customer "the manager said to screw you so that is what I am going to do....sorry".

Major mirth, Huh Roll Eyes Cool

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 03:25:51 AM »

Don......back on topic.....KW and rude clerks.

You missed it good buddy.  A golden opportunity.  They are everywhere and missing one isn't all that unusual but it is still a shame, none the less.  

I went into a AT&T mobile phone store for a little gizmo adapter thingy last year.  The clerk told me it would fit my phone but I didn't have that with me at the time.....another long story.  Well I bought said said "watchamacallit" for a few dollars and went home.  It didn't fit and that was the simple truth.  The next day I took it back and handed it to the clerk and said I will take you up on that exchange offer.  He looked at the phone and the adapter and went into the back room.  He came out and handed me my "mistake" and said "the manager said it couldn't be exchanged because you opened the blister pack."  I asked if he could have determined that it wouldn't fit without, himself, opening the blister pack and he said"no, I couldn't but he said no so there is nothing I can do".  I thought for a short moment and then I bellowed in that poor young mans face that he told me that I could exchange it and that was what they were going to do.  I mean really nasty sounding and LOUD.  I watched the blood drain from his face and he turned chalk white.  Now that was really interesting as I was watching him like you might watch a bug.  I bellowed "I want that manager out here immediately.  You work for that jerk and you told me I could exchange that thingy so that's as good as him telling me that.  WHERE IS THAT MANAGER?"  Without a word the clerk went into the back room and was gone only seconds before retuning.  He said " I will give you a full refund".  I said "and an apology for this aggravation".  As he opened the register he said "I am sorry about this".  He handed me my $4.95 and said in a low tone " I can't believe you have done this over $4.95"  I snatched the money out of his hand and said "You little disrespectful twerp.  Be thankful it wasn't $5 even or more.  Past that I take it personal and it gets ugly".

Don, my blood pressure didn't go up even a single tick despite my face turning blood red.  i am certain of that.  I can't say that I actually felt better or avenged so much as I felt deeply amused.  I was the only one in the room that knew the truth that I wasn't really angry....just watching in a detached sort of way.  But it was constructive in that the mgr never dared to show his face and i think all involved there drew information from that.  I can imagine, and it is really a long shot, but, that clerk might start keeping a revolver in the cash drawer and the next time he is told to screw a customer he could possibly shoot the manager or himself or even the the hapless customer.  Now that would be a dramatic change and possibly not for the better but things were pretty screwed up in that operation so who knows.  Maybe someone there became a minister.  The only thing I feel comfortable in assuring is that that clerk will NEVER tell a customer "the manager said to screw you so that is what I am going to do....sorry".

Major mirth, Huh Roll Eyes Cool

John

Hey John, thanks for the comment, this is what the thread "was supposed to be about" to begin with.  I am not going to make any more comments on it (for obvious reasons) and posted a copy of the story on my webpage this morning and sent an email to the CEO of the company for his perusal. 

Here is the link:  http://boxcarokie.com/2011/08/01/kampin-world/

BCO
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:33:03 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

chev49

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »

I just have a simple question... "How are you saving money if more of it is going out of your wallet then  coming in?"    Grin

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »

I just have a simple question... "How are you saving money if more of it is going out of your wallet then  coming in?"    Grin

Sounds like a question for your local congressman!!   Grin

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: