Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 09:34:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Tank is OUT  (Read 806 times)
edvanland

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2006, 03:50:38 PM »

Well thanks to all who answered on the Good News Bad News topic.  After much thought, rereading all the info youall supplied, talking to Luke at US Coach and going real slow I got the thing out.  I aired up the bus with my shop air, hooked onto the bus with the tractor and pulled it out of the garage far enough to get to the side with the tank opening.  I then hooked a rope around the L part on top, tied it to the front end loader on the tractor, said a few words and started pulling.  Man that thing is in there tight, but it came out with no damage to the tank or coach.  Yes there  is a plate sticking down which fits into a slot in the bay.  Haven't turned the tank over yet as there is no visable leak on the sides.  Ran out of time so pushed the bus back in the garage with my small tractor, shut the door, said a few words and decided to have a cold one.
Again Thanks to all
ED
MCI 7

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 04:46:59 PM »

Keep us posted, after all that talk we're interested in what happens.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:46:37 AM »

Good job!

Now be very careful in the thickness of the replacement board for the bottom of the compartment. Oversize the cut out for that bottom plate on the tank, you want it to drop in there early on the way back in. Clean the bottom of the compartment carefully, every little bit of crud takes up precious vertical space....

I got lucky, mine went back in with only my large boot print on it's fanny!

Let us know!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: