Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 09:19:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: oil temp at 250  (Read 2977 times)
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 11:36:50 AM »

I am jealous!  We spent a week every year 30 miles north of Pagosa Springs, Co.   We would fly fish the streams up there.  The weather is so nice this time of year.  Anyway, how was did the bus do on the climbs?  I have a 6v92 as well and I am certainly going to have to learn how to climb them before too long.

I've climbed Wolf Creek Pass at least a dozen times in my Eagle.  It's 1st gear all the way up and about 22~25mph for me.  The descent eastbound is pretty easy.  I don't like the westbound descent, however.  I have to use lots of brakes on that one and stop at the switchback to cool them off.  The retarder really heats up on the west descent.  I disconnect the towed when I descend to the west and let my wife drive it down.  It's one less thing the coach has to keep slowed down.

David
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: