Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 07:23:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Back Brian [belfert]  (Read 2331 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: October 05, 2006, 06:58:12 AM »

Glad to see you back Brian!

Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 07:47:20 AM »

Welcome Brian!

Glad to see you back!

May you have mny happy hours here.

Dallas
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 07:55:06 AM »

Yes, welcome back, and may you spend many happy hours with your bus.  One day you will look back on this time and laugh about it - as you are driving away in your finished (or at least functional) bus.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
belfert

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »

Geez, I wasn't planning to post anything until this evening!  My plan was to take photos of the bus tonight and post them.  (Camera battery was dead last night.)  I only registered a little early so I could view an attachment.

I did get the entrance door on my bus working again last night after not doing much with the bus for a week or so.  I need to get the new air ride seat bolted down so I can take the bus out this weekend for a little trip.

Brian Elfert
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 08:45:10 AM »

Greetings Brian,

I'd like to welcome you back as well  Smiley

Plans for  a "little trip" sounds like an idea destined for success!!  Looking forward to the pix!

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 08:58:55 AM »

Hey Ya'll that ain't no fair! I just came back down to the shop to let everyone know I just got of the phone with Brian. He said he got his door working, and well since ya'll already knew that! I'll  tell ya what attachment he was down loading! He was down loading the registration form for the "TN FALL BUS BASH @ Knuckle's" So come on everybody get it together and send in that registration form! If Brian can overcome his deep frustration of not meeting his deadline, and bounce back bringing his "functionable but not finished" bus to the "TN FALL BUS BASH" to work on it and enjoy meeting some of you who informed, inspired, & motivated him. The least ya'll can do is come on and meet/help him! Let's get in the mood to have some fun!  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 09:15:31 AM »

Hey Ya'll that ain't no fair! I just came back down to the shop to let everyone know I just got of the phone with Brian. He said he got his door working, and well since ya'll already knew that! I'll  tell ya what attachment he was down loading! He was down loading the registration form for the "TN FALL BUS BASH @ Knuckle's" So come on everybody get it together and send in that registration form! If Brian can overcome his deep frustration of not meeting his deadline, and bounce back bringing his "functionable but not finished" bus to the "TN FALL BUS BASH" to work on it and enjoy meeting some of you who informed, inspired, & motivated him. The least ya'll can do is come on and meet/help him! Let's get in the mood to have some fun!  BK  Grin

I see that you'll do anything to promote your rally!

I did end up going on my trip, but just not quite the way I planned.  My friends left Minnesota in a conversion van last Wednesday morning at 2 am.  They arrived out in the desert near Reno, NV around 5 PM Pacific time Thursday.  I decided on Wednesday to fly out there for the weekend.  I got into San Francisco at 11:30 pm Friday evening and rented a car and drove straight out to the desert.  I got there around 8:30 am.  I drove back to San Francisco Sunday evening and arrived back in Minnesota at 6 am Monday morning and went straight to work!  Yes, it was crazy, but I didn't have to take any vacation time.  It only cost me about $100 more than it would have cost to drive out with my friends as airfare was $350 round trip nonstop both ways.  (I love Suncountry!)

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 09:51:11 AM »

I see that you'll do anything to promote your rally!
Brian Elfert

Brian, I've been being good! I promised to quit plugging my rally and I did! I've only responded when others post something, or I posted if I had any "NEWS"! Well hearing from you today that YOU ARE COMING is news! There were quite a few people disappointed when you quit the board and said that you were selling your bus. I know we don't have the time or $$$$$$$$ invested in it that you do, but I feel alot of us feel like we are part your project by giving advice and sharing info as you go. And at least to me it was almost heart breaking to see you throw in the towel and quit ! (but hey you did't sell it, you took a break and came back with a renewed attitude towards it! )
By the way I'm glad you made it to the desert for the trip! It's the break you needed away from the bus!

I'm merely letting folks know yer gonna be here, so they can come meet ya! (by the way this past week-end I was thinking of giving up and cancelling it!, but that wouldn't be fair to those who have plans of coming!)

I rest my keyboard! LOL! BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 02:35:31 PM »

Brian,

Welcome Back!  Grin

Can't wait to see the pictures.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 05:17:39 PM »

Welcome back, Brian!   I know now better than I did when I last posted to your moment of despodancy exactly how disappointing a
planned trip can be and not be able to make it on time. Embarrassed

We were supposed to leave for Dallas' & Cats' rally yesterday, not because I didn't carry my end, but because the last 6 weeks have been nothing but a "Cluster Flush".  The people who were being paid to do their jobs were 'lying like rugs' and it took this extra day, away from all the fun and frolic to get done what was supposed to be done weeks ago! Huh

We've had our road test with the bus and are ready to leave in the morning.  With hope in our hearts and coolers full of cheer. Cheesy

Again, welcome back to the world of the BusNut and I promise that in the future...I will remember this experience and be a bit less likely to 'preach the Epistle, according to NCbob'. Wink

Have a great day today...and a better tomorrow.

cordially,

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 10:36:29 PM »

Brian - welcome back!  I nearly melted down on a self imposed dealine this summer too.  I decided to skin the windows and one thing lead to another.  I went from a completed conversion in need of updating to a nearly bombed out windowless shell.  We left the bathtub alone, but even the wall paneling in the bathroom came off.  The whole kitchen came out, fridge and all.  It was barren except for the bathroom wall framing and tub.  Talk about depressing.

Well, I wanted to take the kids on a trip before school started and went at it hammer and tongs.  All I had to do was take the bus apart (as described above), make up some window framing and install it in the bus, skin the bus, install the windows, and completely redo the interior, in 6 weeks while working full time.

As I said, I nearly melted down. (Mentaly and physically, it was over 100 degrees much of the time I had to skin the bus.)  I decided we were not going to make it, so I told the kids no joy, lets do something else.  My daughter cried.  She has had me wrapped wround her finger since birth.  They had all been working hard on the bus with me and really wanted to go in the bus.  Well, I had to suck it up and get it done (far enought to take the trip).  I missed the departure date by two days.

I was tired to the bone and drove the bus for 11 hours on departure day.  We had planned a bunch of short hops with lots of poking around, but I skipped the first couple of days of activity to get to the farther reaches of the trip (on the thoery that the closer stuff would be easier to fold into another trip than the further stuff).

All went pretty well other than an errant voltage regulator, and we had a great time busing!  I am looking forward to taking the bus out again as we had a blast in it.  After the trip, we brought the bus home, cleaned it up and parked it  I have gone out to it a couple of times, but have not touched it since the trip.  I am almost ready to work on it again.  It was totaly worth the effort for the trip.  I still need a bus timeout though.

I changed my avatar from a picture of my bus to a shot I took going down the road just to remind me what it is all about.

Anyway, glad you are back here and at BNO.  We know what it is like to hit "the wall", and it is fun when you get the old war horse rolling!

Craig - MC7 Oregon
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 10:39:14 PM by ceieio » Logged

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »

Good to see you back, Brian! And glad you made your trip also.

I look forward to more of your posts here on MAK.

Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
belfert

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 06:53:59 AM »

I tried to post my photos last night, but they are 144k and the board has a 128k limit for attachments.  I didn't have time last night to find a program to trim them down.

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 07:05:06 AM »

I tried to post my photos last night, but they are 144k and the board has a 128k limit for attachments.  I didn't have time last night to find a program to trim them down.

Brian Elfert

Just Email 'm to Dallas, I understand he's got nothing but time! LOL!  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 08:18:18 AM »

Brian, here's a free online photo resizer: http://www.resize2mail.com/

If you want to create Web galleries, organize your images, etc, there's no better free program than Google's Picasa 2: http://google.picasa.com/

HTH,
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: