Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 01:06:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which compartment is preferable for generator install?  (Read 1586 times)
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 09:45:01 PM »

Clifford, you are correct. I found the numbers somewhere when I was building my bus but can't locate them right now. The rear bay was rated for well over 2000#, the front bay not far behind, and the center bay came in last at somewhere around 1500# if memory serves me correctly. There is no doubt in my mind that when these were revenue buses they exceeded those ratings often. My memory is not what it used to be so I may be off by a bit, but I know they are in that order from least to greatest.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Bill B /bus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »

On this bus, MCI 102A3, the generator is mounted in the old condenser bay. The house batteries are in the original position 2 and 4 where the heating and AC exchangers and blowers were mounted.  Six 8D AGM's are about equivalent in weight to the removed equipment. The generator set weighs about what the condenser and its fan/motor weighed.

Rear bay, of three, is full with plumbing, aux fuel tank and Webasto.  Tanks are 125 gallons each, water and waste. Aux fuel tank is 45 gallons for Webasto and genset.

On a two bay bus you will only have one for your stuff. As the plumbing pretty much takes about 2/3rds of one bay.

Bill

Bill & Lynn
MCI102A3, Series 50 w/HT70
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: