Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 11:22:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Technomadia's 4106 Update  (Read 3667 times)
TedsBUSted

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 04:07:51 AM »

"When I reached 200 degrees climbing the 6,000 feet we had to slow down to 55 so we could run another day. That thing got a hemi."

Okay, here we go again, the dumb Okie has to ask .... That thing got a hemi, means what?

Thanking you ahead of time.

BCO

I think Tecno means that the '06 has a lot of steam...
No! Not billowing from the radiator.  Grin

Bus polygamist. Always room for another, especially ‘04 or ‘06 are welcome. NE from Chicago, across the pond.
Just A Newell

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 04:13:52 AM »

"When I reached 200 degrees climbing the 6,000 feet we had to slow down to 55 so we could run another day. That thing got a hemi."

Okay, here we go again, the dumb Okie has to ask .... That thing got a hemi, means what?

Thanking you ahead of time.

That was just my attempt of humor wondering what technomedia had under the trunk. They disappeared in front of me because my silver 92 was running to hot.

SE Ks, 1986 Newell 8v92
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 09:58:10 AM »

That thing got a hemi, means what?

I think it was a joke reference of the Dodge commercials.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »

That was just my attempt of humor wondering what technomedia had under the trunk. They disappeared in front of me because my silver 92 was running to hot.

Smiley  Just the basic 8v71 with Allison v730.   Trust us, we were puttering up the incline into Flagstaff at 25-35 mph behind all the semis waving to everyone passing by.   

Life in the slow lane ..

- Cherie

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
technomadia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »

By the way, I updated and uploaded the video tour of our 4106 last night:

Technomadia's Home on Wheels - GM 4106 Vintage Bus

Enjoy!
 - Cherie

TedsBUSted

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »

Nice video!

At 3:27 I noticed that the coach's transmission TV cable is rubbing everything in its path on its way to connecting to the engine's fuel control. It doesn't take long to rub holes through lines and filters. The cable should be isolated and secured.

Sure is a nice coach. Well worth the wait, huh?

Ted
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:19:44 PM by TedsBUSted » Logged

Bus polygamist. Always room for another, especially ‘04 or ‘06 are welcome. NE from Chicago, across the pond.
technomadia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »

I noticed that the coach's transmission TV cable is rubbing everything in its path on its way to connecting to the engine's fuel control. It doesn't take long to rub holes through lines and filters. The cable should be isolated and secured.

Good observation. 

And as you can see in the picture Just A Newell caught of us underway, the line from the shifter column to the transmission is dangling down rather precariously under the bus too.

Both cables need to be better secured.  I'd love to see some pictures showing me how things should look when done right.

The original converter (Robert Purdy) owned the coach from 1988 to 1995 and he did an immaculate job with everything he worked on or had done, and he kept receipts of all his work too.  The second owner (Fred Nussbaumer) we are pretty sure did the automatic transmission upgrade sometime between 1995 and 2007.  He did not keep receipts, and (as you can see by the poor cable routing) the work he had done was a lot lower quality. They didn't even neatly cut the carpet back when they installed the shifter column.

Based upon the records we've been able to piece together, we are pretty sure that in the entire 12 year span of time Fred owned the bus he only put 2000 miles on it though.

I am wondering about upgrading to a Stone Bennett electronic shift controller.  Clifford recommended that to us when we visited him.  Any tips on making this upgrade? How hard is this to do?  Where should I hunt for the parts?

- Chris

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 01:47:31 PM »

That is a terrific bus.  Mt Purdy did outstanding work and I can't see a whole heck of a lot.  Very nice....lucky you guys.  That engine has none of the tinny rattle clatter whir that I am used to hearing from those 8V71s  Sounds "tight" and fresh.  Again, lucky you.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 02:07:14 PM »

Quote from: technomadia
I am wondering about upgrading to a Stone Bennett electronic shift controller.  Clifford recommended that to us when we visited him.  Any tips on making this upgrade? How hard is this to do?  Where should I hunt for the parts?

- Chris

Chris you have answered your own question within itself!

You have been blessed with meeting and experiencing the knowledge of the busnut guru or yoda himself!
Clifford can direct you to the most reliable source for these parts, and installation tips better than anyone I know!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »

Nice young couple and coach it was a pleasure meeting the 2 I fix their power steering leak gave the engine a once over a good solid 8v71 set at 2250 rpm with a nice ECO series paper air filter sorry John the devil made me do that

good luck
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:25:51 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »

Nice young couple and coach it was a pleasure meeting the 2 I fix their power steering leak gave the engine a once over a good solid 8v71 set at 2250 rpm with a nice ECO series paper air filter sorry John the devil made me do that

good luck

ROFLMAO!  Roll Eyes
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: