Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 09:17:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xantrex Freedom 458 parts  (Read 1191 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2011, 06:31:28 AM »

Looking to see if there are folks out there with a dead Xantrex Freedom inverter? Looking for spare parts or potentially repair parts.

Thanks

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »

Grant, if You find a supply of relays for the transfer system please share with the board!  I have a couple of dead units but have scrounged all of the common bad parts!  My unit works well except for the failure of the Chinese relays!  You would think that the a###H###s could use a plug in relay that a person could replace.  In My opinion Xantrex is a poorly managed company that could care less about future customers and sure as hell does not care about it's current customers!  John L
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 06:32:06 AM »

I may have found a place that sells parts for these units. I will contact them and keep an update. If you have a 458 that is just laying around and you would like to sell the unit. Please let me know.

Regards,

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 07:54:31 AM »

Perhaps if Xantrex just used a better relay to start with there wouldn't be a need to change the part.  I'm sure Xantrex had two thoughts when they decided to solder the relay to the board: 1. A socket adds 10 or 15 cents or whatever cost to the product. 2. We don't want users servicing their own inverters and we want to make money down the road replacing bad relays.

I had problems with the transfer relay in my Prosine 3.0, but my friend popped the case off the relay and was able to clean up the contacts.  I make sure to minmize the loads through the relays when starting the generator or plugging into shore power.  One thing to do would be to turn off the inverter portion of the inverter/charger before transferring load, but losing power could cause some pain.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: