Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 04:18:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice before I really get into it  (Read 637 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2011, 12:25:32 PM »

Alright I got one side of the crossover line undone.  I had to take the piece off of the head that clifford talked about with the thermostat in it and that allowed me to get to the one side of the crossover I was able to get to.  The left side is tucked under a piece bolted to the blower with three bolts.  I am assuming that is the fuel pump, gear driven by the blower.  If I can take that off this might give me enough room to get to the left side fitting on the crossover fuel line.

Question is this, is it a matter of 3 bolts to take it off or am I messing with a timing gear behind there?  If it is bolt on and off then it is a go.  What do I need to know before I go poking a stick at the sleeping bear?

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »

No gears there Wayne pull the fuel pump 1 of those bolts is not all that easy to remove lol good time to check the drive yoke on the pump anyway if it is wore in the square replace it they don't cost that much 10 bucks or less check the pump for wetness they are design to leak to the outside through the weep holes may not be your hose leaking 

good luck
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:07:27 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 01:07:04 PM »

Thank you Clifford I would have taken this one to the shop had I known how deep I was going into the engine.  Good experience though as the last time I work on a DD was in 1986 in diesel mech school.  Even that was limited and the engine was on a stand on the shop floor.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:21:47 PM »

When you install a new line go over the top of the fuel pump easier to do

good luck
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:23:28 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: