Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 02:24:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found that som@#$%^  (Read 1552 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »

Well it has been bugging me severely, the putting the motor back together on a hunch and not knowing exactly from where it was leaking.  So i got the crossover hose and filled it with diesel fuel.  I put one end in the vice and my thumb over the other end.  I have a rubber tip on my little air blower.  So with thumb mashed as hard as I could in one end and the gun in the other I pulled the trigger.  It took several times but just by chance I saw a little bubble in the fabric on the outside of the hose.  I hit and released the trigger several times and it would rise and fall with the trigger.  Fuel then start coming out on a long shot of air.  That has to be it because it is in a bend right abve the area of the engine in question.  I got you, you som#$%^&. 

I am still going back with new everything in that area.  Sure isn't worth all that hassle to be cheap.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »

I got you, you som#$%^&. 

I am still going back with new everything in that area.  Sure isn't worth all that hassle to be cheap.

Can you say THAT on the Internet?  hahahahahahahahahaha .... Here is the part I really like: Sure isn't worth all that hassle to be cheap.

Been saying that all along.

BCO 

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »

I probably looked like a kid after I found the leak.  To say the least I was happy.  Then my wife had to go and ruin it all by hollaring at me.  She actually had the gall to not listen to my story about finding the leak.  As if ignoring the leak story wasn't bad enough she ruined it by telling me to go back in the house and put my clothes on;D

www.snakebreaker.com
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 05:27:46 PM »

I'm glad to hear you found the problem.  I work in IT and sometimes we beat our heads on the wall trying to find fixes to seemingly minor issues.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 07:13:17 PM »

she ruined it by telling me to go back in the house and put my clothes on;D

I have that same problem when I'm mowing the lawn!! Then you do it dear!!!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 12:26:44 AM »

I'm glad to hear you found the problem.  I work in IT and sometimes we beat our heads on the wall trying to find fixes to seemingly minor issues.

"I work in IT" and this means what?

BCO

blank

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 12:33:52 AM »

BCO
  Information technology. Basically solving computer software and internet communication problems. I cant think of anything that would drive me more nuts, lol.
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 04:35:15 AM »

BCO

I think BCO may have been being sarcastic.......  The rest of the world does not think we work at all. We just set around looking at computer screens pretending to be doing something..... all the while having a game or surfing the 'net hidden in the background.

Grin Grin Grin

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 04:40:47 AM »

BCO

I think BCO may have been being sarcastic....... 

TOM

No, quite the contrary, I did not know what it meant, until Artvonne pointed it out to me.  You guys use all these abbreviations and all this other stuff, and then expect everyone to know what they are?  C'mon, give me a break.  Just wanted to know was all.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 04:41:32 AM »

BCO
  Information technology. Basically solving computer software and internet communication problems. I cant think of anything that would drive me more nuts, lol.

Thanx, appreciate it.

BCO

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 05:05:15 AM »

I swear you could replace our IT guys with a monkey and there would be no difference.  Oh the freakin password resets.  Not only do we have to change the passwords every 30 days on all of our programs, if your not active for 30 minutes you have to go back to the log in window and log in again.  Of course your password can't be 4 numbers, it has to have caps numbers and punctuation.  That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.  So sitting on my computer is a notepad with all 12 passwords for each of the programs I use.  How is that for PC safety?

www.snakebreaker.com
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 06:17:41 AM »

I swear you could replace our IT guys with a monkey and there would be no difference.  Oh the freakin password resets.  Not only do we have to change the passwords every 30 days on all of our programs, if your not active for 30 minutes you have to go back to the log in window and log in again.  Of course your password can't be 4 numbers, it has to have caps numbers and punctuation.  That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.  So sitting on my computer is a notepad with all 12 passwords for each of the programs I use.  How is that for PC safety?

Where I work we have implemented similar password policies.  The policy to change passwords is counterproductive exactly because people write down passwords when they have to change them on a regular basis.  If someone cracks a password they can just change the password when it expires the next time.

I was at a Ford dealer six or seven years ago.  The computer monitor had Post-it notes all the away around the monitor listing passwords for all the different computer systems they used.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 08:23:59 AM »

Hee Hee, when I replaced the server and work stations at a small county sheriff's office from an antique IBM7200 and 12 dumb terminals plus 5 Compaq 8086's with a 'super fast' Pentium II dual cpu server and 20 Dell PII 166mhz work stations, They wanted me to set up the strongest password protocol I could.
I set them up for 18 characters, 3 had to be digits, and 2 had to be consecutive vowels but the vowels couldn't be preceded by a capital consonant. Digits couldn't be consecutive and if there was any chance that any two or more letters together would make a word, the system would deny it.

It took them 30 days to come back and have me change protocols and make it simpler for them. There were all kinds of memos, post-it notes, and scribbled notes on what passwords would work.

Notably, I bought their old server and the rest of the system at surplus auction. The tech who had taken charge of it hadn't bothered to wipe the old Winchester drives of the secure information they contained. I called the Sheriff and that fellow is now working at the nearby state prison as a janitor.

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 06:22:41 PM »

BCO

I think BCO may have been being sarcastic....... 

TOM

No, quite the contrary, I did not know what it meant, until Artvonne pointed it out to me.  You guys use all these abbreviations and all this other stuff, and then expect everyone to know what they are?  C'mon, give me a break.  Just wanted to know was all.

BCO

I stand corrected & apologize to you, BCO. IT guys usually get abused and made fun of as evidenced in some of the other posts. I am sorry I included you in the abusers. BTW, you bay in the other post really looks good.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 06:37:41 PM »

[/quote]

I stand corrected & apologize to you, BCO. IT guys usually get abused and made fun of as evidenced in some of the other posts. I am sorry I included you in the abusers. BTW, you bay in the other post really looks good.

TOM
[/quote]

No problem, thank you

BCO

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: