Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 12:54:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PROOF OF INSURANCE  (Read 2370 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »

No worries. You can cry on my shoulders as I watch you work Lol. You can start with sound proofing my engine compartment.

I have stopped at the engine compartment.  Routinely I tell people (before I raise the hood) that "pretty stops here."  I have not sound proofed it, dressed it out, or any of that.  Sonnie put one chrome nut on my alternator pulley "to dress it out some" (as he put it) and that is it.  I powerwash it once a year and that is the extent of that.  My genset is soundproofed however.

Today I started at 2:15 a.m. and finished out around 7:30 a.m to beat the heat.  Just get focused and do it man, I know you can.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 04:14:25 PM »

Outstanding work!!!!

Thanks, it has been a busy summer, and productive.

BCO

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »

Ummm, you do know that if you are not the lead dog , that the view is always the same??? Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »

Bay looks great, cause you spent time doing it right.
Thanks for the picture.

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 01:31:30 AM »

Ummm, you do know that if you are not the lead dog , that the view is always the same??? Grin

Yes, I have heard it said that very same way.  Perhaps I should have chosen something else?  Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you still get all the stars thrown in for good measure.  How's that?  Here is another one:  "Everybody likes the underdog, because everybody feels like the underdog. No matter how successful you are, you always think, No one's being nice enough to me!"
                                                                                   Kate Beckinsale

Remember Ed, the Zen you find at the top of the mountain, is the Zen you brought up with you to begin with.  Now there, all bases covered, I shall slink off  ...  this is my contribution to thread drift for the day.

BCO
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:48:58 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 01:40:57 AM »

Bay looks great, cause you spent time doing it right.
Thanks for the picture.

Thanks I appreciate it.  I try hard to exercise patience and NOT touch things until they are dry, doesn't always work, but I try.  Another thing is to get the best possible stock (materials) that you can find or afford.  Often I secretly wish that I had spent more money and purchased better materials or taken more time to complete the chore at hand.  This bay was about a three week period if I remember right (don't work it on the weekends, just weekdays).

No matter what ... Someone will find fault with it, if you hang around long enough. 

A neighbor came by the other day, "wanting to see what it is that I have been working on" so I showed him, gave him the ten cent tour.  He looked it all over, leaned down, and with his hand, took a swipe at my floor with five coats of clear coat on it and said to me .... "You should have sanded this between coats."

I just gave him my best toothy smile and said, "Listen, there is only ONE PERSON this has to please, and you are looking at him."

End of conversation.

BCO

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 05:30:16 AM »

The only problem I can see is it looks so good you're going to have to drive with the bay door up!!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
trucktramp

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 05:38:18 AM »

The only problem I can see is it looks so good you're going to have to drive with the bay door up!!!

I think he should just remove the bay door...less wind drag that way.  Plus less metal to polish.

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 06:34:34 AM »

You have to purchase a special permit for that?

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 06:35:32 AM »

I think he should just remove the bay door...less wind drag that way.  Plus less metal to polish.

Wife sez .... Keep it up buster and YOU will be living down there.

BCO

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 06:38:49 AM »

Wife sez .... Keep it up buster and YOU will be living down there.

BCO
[/quote]

I can think of worse places to be if you're in the dog house! Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
RnMAdventures

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 08:23:15 AM »

You could put a window on the bay door with some neon accent lights... That would look cool at night...

Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 08:54:29 AM »

You could put a window on the bay door with some neon accent lights... That would look cool at night...

I don't remember where it was that I saw it, but a guy had a Prevo and he had taken the first bay and put in AC, Radio,TV .... the whole nine yards, also had a little side window on both sides for his kids.  This is where they liked to ride, and their access was a square hole in the middle of the aisle up front (hinged access door).

Everything was fine, until someone left the door open and mama walking in the dark, kind of did a brodie in the hole.

I will give it some consideration and get back to you on it Mike.

BCO

RnMAdventures

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »

lol... For the record, i was kidding. i remember reading about someone using a bay for sleeping quarters... It may be one of the moose buses.

Mike & Rosemarie
1964 PD4106-2626
DD8v71 & Allison v730
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: