Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 22, 2017, 03:24:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How hard can it be to find a freaking t-bolt clamp?!?  (Read 4045 times)
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 10:57:56 PM »

Brian,  these are the clamps that I recommend for my customers.    Turbocharger to intercooler connections.

http://www.normagroup.com/kunden/norma/ttw.nsf/id/EN_Constant_Torque_Details
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 05:10:42 AM »

Brian,  these are the clamps that I recommend for my customers.    Turbocharger to intercooler connections.

http://www.normagroup.com/kunden/norma/ttw.nsf/id/EN_Constant_Torque_Details

I'm curious why you recommend a constant torque clamp for this application over a t-bolt?  All of the large clamps I have seen like this have generally been t-bolt.  Are the large constant torque clamps 3/4" wide?  I use the constant torque clamps for all of my hoses both standard and silicone except where I've used the Powergrip clamps.

Art, I didn't push the issue with Interstate Diesel since they weren't being helpful.  I kinda figured they could look up my serial number, see which turbo I had and tell me if they had the clamp or not, but they wouldn't do that.  If Interstate had a New Brighton location they don't now.  They had a Blaine location, but that was converted to an Istate Trucks Freightliner dealer four or five years ago.  The only local Interstate Diesel is in Bloomington, and I wasn't about to drive that far unless I knew they had it.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »

McMaster-Carr doesn't exactly have its act together.  I called and they said sure, we can ship stuff via Speedee.  So, I ordered online and specified Speedee in the notes.  They still used UPS.  I called again yesterday and learned they don't actually use Speedee anymore which is why they used UPS.

It turns out that I don't even need the clamp after I found the missing part for the original.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: