Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
September 22, 2017, 08:07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I prepare roof for future solar?  (Read 592 times)
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »

Dear Friends,

Since I have my ceiling completely removed, I am wondering what I might do to prepare for future installation of solar panels? Maybe go ahead and run some cables to the rooftop? If so, what size cables? Other suggestions?

This might be a year or two down the road, But I would hate to have to remove the ceiling again to do it!

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »

Are you installing a rv fridge, or household type? If you are going to have an rv fridge you will need a roof vent over it and you can just run the cables in through there. I put a panel above the fridge that houses the main power panels (both 120 and 12v), the solar charge controller, satellite control is in the cabinet next to the fridge, so all cables from the roof enter in through the fridge vent. no other roof penetrations to ever have to worry about leaking.

Some are called, some are sent, some just got up and went.

1998 MCI 102-DL3
Series 60 11.1/Alison B500
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: