Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 07:00:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread sealer  (Read 1628 times)
rcbeam

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 05:38:21 PM »

When I redid all my fuel line connections at the filters when I converted to spin-on, I used the liquid teflon... bought it at Home Depot.  Can't remember the brand, but worked really well.  If I ever have to take those connections loose, I doubt I'll have any trouble. 

Worked for me.

Russell
1976 MC8
Lexington KY
www.sweeteveningbreeze.blogspot.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »

Permatex  59214 for me liquid Teflon best thing since sliced bread price is out of the world over 10 bucks a tube but does the job on anything 

good luck

Permatex 59214 it will be.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 07:53:40 PM »

I'll use the yellow but the white won't hold up to veg oil.  This I know as a fact.

There is a liquid dope, white in color, that is speced for fuel and oil.  The uys that install and service gasoline station pumps and plumbing use it.  I had/have some and I just went through my shop looking and came up empty.  It exists and I first heard about it on the BioD forums.  Many guys had all their joints start leaking and it was a hot topic for a while.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 04:32:19 AM »

The reason I am sure about the Megaloc is I bought a brand new bottle one afternoon for piping up a boiler. Used it that afternoon. Put it in the trailer over night to finish the job with the next morning. It was 10 degrees that night. Next morning the Megaloc was some kind of creamy goo that would not work ....... after I thawed it out.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 09:17:04 AM »

Oh, yes, and lest I forget:  The liquid sealer acts like a lubricant.  When the nice young "Mexican" showed up from the gas company to install my meter and start my service, I never thought I would learn something.  Racial prejudice, maybe a little, but I was watching him to make sure he didn't do anything wrong.  The third time he mad a union with that 2 inch pipe I was certain that he wasn't putting barely anything "into" the pipe wrenches.  He was pretty small, few Mex are in the Pro B Ball roster and I have never seen one that could pass for a Sumo Wrestler, and still he made it look almost nonchalant.  I will never use that Teflon Tape sealer ever again.  I stop turning the liquid doped threads because they bottom out, not because it gets really hard to turn.

Oh, yeah, those little threads of cut and crushed teflon that is inside my pipe when i take it apart have always given me pause.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
chev49

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 01:17:25 PM »

like the Gasoila soft or hard, etc thread sealants...(for service station, etc)

If you want someone to hold your hand, join a union.
Union with Christ is the best one...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: