Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 09:23:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miranda Cosgrove Bus Crash  (Read 2665 times)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 09:48:11 AM »

Those advertising links aren't appearing for me at all. I don't know the technicalities of how they work but I do know that they are often generated by Adware on your computer, not the website you are looking at.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 10:08:21 AM »

I'm not seeing the advertising links now either.  I don't think it is spyware or adware as BCO saw them too.  Over on RV.net there were tons of complaints when the feature was turned on.  I only see these keyword links on some of the sites I visit and not all of them.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »

Those advertising links aren't appearing for me at all. I don't know the technicalities of how they work but I do know that they are often generated by Adware on your computer, not the website you are looking at.

Jeremy

Glad to see you haven't gone up in smoke.  As to the advertising Don must be browsing with his hand on his mouse.  If you're mousing around the links are obvious. 

It would be interesting to know if the links are geographic in nature.  In the article, drag you're mouse over any of the words "bus driver, semi-truck, of pain" and if like us in the USA you should see links to advertisements appear in a small box. 

I mainly use Chrome, Mozilla and Safari browsers.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 10:36:47 AM »

Glad to see you haven't gone up in smoke.  As to the advertising Don must be browsing with his hand on his mouse.  If you're mousing around the links are obvious. 

It would be interesting to know if the links are geographic in nature.  In the article, drag you're mouse over any of the words "bus driver, semi-truck, of pain" and if like us in the USA you should see links to advertisements appear in a small box. 

I mainly use Chrome, Mozilla and Safari browsers.

Mike

Yes, summer travels over and I'm back to boring normal life (and working on my bus again for the first time in months).

The ad links certainly might use geographical targeting - and that can be to far smaller areas than whole countries, which might explain why I'm apparently not the only one who can't see them.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Boomer

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »

A few years ago up here in the NW a bus driver (MC-9) hit a flat bed trailer that had fallen off another flatbed and was in the middle of the freeway at night.  When the bus hit it, the driver's seat, with him still in it, detached and he was ejected out the windshield, flying over a hundred feet.  He survived with serious injurys.  But the moral of the story is (1) don't over drive your headlights (2) make sure your seat and the co-pilot seat and belt anchors are afixed to structural steel, not just the floorboards.

'81 Eagle 15/45
'47 GM PD3751-438
'65 Crown Atomic
Vancouver, WA USA
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 06:13:08 PM »

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »

That will be on the auction block that is about a $150,000 + hit

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 10:33:49 PM »

It'll buff out.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: