Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 04:29:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow this bus on Craigslist seems almost to good to be true.  (Read 3994 times)
IAmCanadian

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2011, 11:44:54 AM »

http://nashville.craigslist.org/rvs/2546088882.html
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »

not really unless you just want a Eagle. It is just a shell with a gen set.. Some finished conversions out there in that price range. been converted to look like a model 15---look like! 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:21:57 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »

Yep my wife and I have saw a few eagles for under $20k that are ready to roll.  If I had to do it again I would of bought one ready to go but then I would of missed out on all of this fun!  Grin
blank

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »

Two years ago that could have been an insanely screaming good deal. A year ago it could have been a real good deal, maybe a steal even. Today its overpriced. I dont think its gonna get any better for a quite a long while, so if your a buyer, buy for keeps. And for Gods sake dont finance the darn thing.

I dont know if anyone has told you, or if you know, but most Buses for sale claim a rebuilt engine, overhauled engine, etc.. Many will say in last 10K miles. If you ask for paperwork most will say they dont have it, didnt get it, it was done before they bought it , the seller didnt give them the paper work, etc., etc..

Its like $10K to do an inframe, over $15K if they do the full deal out of the Bus. Nobody is going to blow that kind of money and then sell the Bus for cheap, and they sure as heck aint gonna lose the paper work. Ask for the paperwork on it. If they dont have it, disregard any comments about it, its likely as realistic as men from Mars. Myself I would feel better hearing they have no clue how old it is or how many miles it has. At least then id feel they were honest. If they do miraculously supply paperwork, verify the ser. # on the engine.

IAmCanadian

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »

It is interesting to hear your guys opinions on this. I wondered about the rebuilt engine. What I find interesting is you guys say it is a good deal but I have yet to find a 45' coach in decent shape for less than that, and this already has the basic body work done.

Am I missing some kind of secret site where all the nice inexpensive coaches live??
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »

Be careful on what you try to bring in to Canada. Whole different set of rules up here for getting it across the border
BTDT.....

Cawston, British Columbia
IAmCanadian

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 11:49:51 PM »

Yah, my current bus is an American bus.

Unfortunately they do not allow Eagle buses. My wife is American though, so if need be I could have it registered in the US.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 05:38:21 AM »

I would look very carefully at that one before buying it at any price.  It was obviously an entertainer, and was stretched and widened, probably by one of the many companies in Nashville that did that work when Eagles were choice ride.

Some of them did a very good job and some not so good.  There is a complete structural break in the coach when it is stretched and the structural integrity may be compromised by someone who did less than very good work.

Just from that little thumbnail, you can see that the side skins are wrinkled, not a sign of a professional stretch.  It has been widened but retains the 96" axles.

I would seriously question the mileage figures.  Those buses were not motor homes.  They were built to make money and if it only ran 25,000 on a new drive train, it definitely did not do that.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 05:39:37 AM »

oh dear, best be careful...

stretched, widened and raised... and now abandoned at that stage?

The engine will be the least of the worries.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 06:59:55 AM »

You can import Eagles in to Canada it just needs to be before a certain year model and if the stretch,raise and the widening was done right nothing to worry about Tim has one he imported to Canada maybe a good deal you never know.
If you check back there is a 82 Prevost for sale here in Bullhead City AZ on CL for 30,000 you can get that one for buy it was still at the park Sun offer him 10G and he will break your arm taking the cash

good luck
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:26:21 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 07:21:49 AM »

I agree luvrbus, there may be a good coach lurking in there, but I'm concerned that the year is 2011.

And that there is far more risk to the unwitting novice than normal. This is one of those coaches that needs a trusted seasoned veteran to look over carefully to see if there is indeed a deal in here.

I'm worried about a star gazing newbie getting the wrong idea.

The work seems to be portrayed as a work in progress, so done relatively recently?

It makes no sense to be doing all that work to that old a coach and then discarding it when the 102/45 foot coaches are available at the bottom of the commercial market. It made some sense in the past to do a job like this, but I'm thinking that time is gone. Can't possibly get the money out of it.

All the people/businesses involved in this coach, and the ad, as portrayed, raises a lot of suspicion in my mind. Who does these things and then dumps them?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 07:30:33 AM »

The guy hit on the head  "sounds to good to be true" I would pass on that one I would not even waste my time looking the sellers know what they have most of the time they are just trolling for suckers LOL

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 08:06:56 AM »

My guess is that this coach was stretched 10 or 12 years ago and ran in service as an entertainer. 

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »

http://www.busnut.com/classifieds/

check out the bno classifieds. Theres some already in canada for sale.

Now if I could get them to activate my account on the bno...
blank

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »

I think you first need to determine a budget. Higher budgets allow you more choices, as well as the ability to look farther away, justifying the travel distance. IOW, traveling 3000 miles to look at a $5000 Bus makes a lot less sense than it does looking at at a $30,000 Bus when you consider burning over $1500 in fuel, possible breakdowns, tires, or a big tow bill to get it home.

If I were looking right now, today, for a Bus conversion in the $30K range, and had that kind of "Cash" available to wave under noses, I would be looking at $50-70K Buses. That may sound harsh to some, but the market is continuing to crash, and the Bus you buy today is going to almost impossible to sell tomorrow. And I dont mean tomorrow as in next year, I mean tomorrow as in the day after you hand over your $$$$. Choose very wisely, make darn sure its what you want, and make sure its mechanically and structurally sound. And make sure the money you hand over is completely expendable. Whatever you drive home and park in your yard is going to be yours for a while, youll likely never be able to sell it for even half what you pay for it if you change your mind and want it gone. 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: