Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 12:40:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow this bus on Craigslist seems almost to good to be true.  (Read 4207 times)
IAmCanadian

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 03:59:55 PM »

Would the tires take it 150 miles?

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »

Nope! I just talked to YODA this morning about this bus, somebody better jump on it before I do! Grin It'll look good re-painted Crimson Red LOL!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:05:19 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »

Nope! I just talked to YODA this morning about this bus, somebody better jump on it before I do! Grin

Are you crazy?  What would the boys at EI think, you motoring around in a Prevo? 

I liked this one:  "Would the tires take it 150 miles?" ... (Why sure.  Buy it in December, drive it 30 MPH and after dark)  Aren't those tires cracked out the wahzoo on the sidewalls and older than dirt? 

Everybody wants to buy a bus and no one can afford tires, is this a great country or what?

BCO

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »

Bryce, send the dough this way and I'll send you guys some photo's of what you's's bought! Grin Grin

Just kiddin'
but really! Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
IAmCanadian

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 04:16:20 PM »

boxcarOkie it is more complicated than that. We get paid annually and won't see anything till the end of the year. I was just wondering if I could fit it into my budget now so I could store it till the end of the year at which point I would be able to put an additional large chunk of money into it (all new tires and remodel). Not to mention that would give me a bit of time to offload my current bus.

It just seems like a good deal... hate to see it pass on by.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:18:14 PM by IAmCanadian » Logged
blank

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 04:28:29 PM »

]

Hey since you just bought a bus and don't need another yet just send Clifford the $ for me and I'll stop by AR on the way home and show ya what we just bought! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

Boy, thats a deal if ever I saw one. LOL

I know some are licking their lips watching these Buses drop in value like an Anvil, but its just reinforcing the decay of our entire economy. For every deal someone finds, it reflects another person basically losing everything. So be careful. We might find ourselves on the end of that same stick somewhere down the road. The best thing that could happen is for this stuff to start appreciating again. Or at least stop depreciating.
blank

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »

Would the tires take it 150 miles?

Who cares? You gotta strike while the iron is hot. As crappy as the market is, thats one hell of a deal and its not going to last much longer. I drove mine home 200 miles on old tires. But I pulled them all and looked them over, put the best two up front, the worst two on the outside rears, and drove easy (at least most of the way). The one I was most suspicious of, the right front, I put on the right outside rear. It blew 40 miles from home. Make sure you have a good spare and the necessary tools to change it and hit the road.
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »

One heck of a deal if it is staying in the US...Not able to import that one in to Canada.
Has to be pre-1971 unless the converter is on the "approved" list from Transport Canada.
HTH....

Cawston, British Columbia
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 03:29:01 AM »

boxcarOkie it is more complicated than that. We get paid annually and won't see anything till the end of the year. I was just wondering if I could fit it into my budget now so I could store it till the end of the year at which point I would be able to put an additional large chunk of money into it (all new tires and remodel). Not to mention that would give me a bit of time to offload my current bus.

It just seems like a good deal... hate to see it pass on by.

Never heard of anyone getting paid once a year, that sure would put a crimp in things for sure, I don't know if I could cut the mustard under a system like that.  It sounds like a good "starter project" for sure, and with the market where it is (in the dumper) you should be able to negotiate your own deal.  I know when I bought mine, the guy cried like a baby when I drove it off.  

You know what they say .... Money talks and the rest of it ... walks.

If this rows your boat, go for it, or wait it out, it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 05:50:44 AM »

I would not try a 150 miles on the tires myself but if you buy it I can get you some loaner tires but they have to be returned,
Don fwiw my kids don't mind getting paid once a year lol

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 10:07:15 AM »

I would not try a 150 miles on the tires myself but if you buy it I can get you some loaner tires but they have to be returned,
Don fwiw my kids don't mind getting paid once a year lol

good luck

Christmas?  That what you are referring to?  I know a lady who gives both of her kids a check for $10,000.00 every year at Christmas Time, must be nice eh?

You still have not sent me your contact info Clifford, I am leaving in two weeks.

LDSRR91@gmail.com

BCO

IAmCanadian

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »

Yah, the once a year thing is annoying. My wife is an author, and it is how that industry works.

We will see, I have someone else interested in my current bus so if that went through it would be possible. I could even get new tires Cheesy

Although I don't know if I have enough time will all these other guys interested in that bus Smiley
blank

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »

Although I don't know if I have enough time will all these other guys interested in that bus Smiley

My flight instructor always used to say it was later than you think. Keep thinking about it and watch it disappear.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: