Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 10:21:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T-Ville Rally  (Read 3368 times)
Ace

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 05:30:20 AM »

Man I almost forgot, (well actually I did) my good friend Allan Kline. Did he ever have bad luck! On the way there with a very nice 4104, the driveshaft gave out and he had to park it at a truck stop. Being so dedicated to going, he hitched a ride back to his home about 40 miles and picked up his Dodge P/U with slide in camper and returned to the bus for his belongings to make the trip. It was nice having him behind us on the way there but I tell you, the nice companion he had with him really has her hands full. I had previously heard a lot about her but never had the opportunity to meet her until then and she's even more than he had told me. Those of you that were at the rally probably chatted with her. Her name is Kate Walford ( I think, if not, than it's Kate Mchale) and we call her Major Kate because of her military history and a certain fox hole which like always there is a another story! Anyway, due to the cold showers (military style) Kate was fine, but Allan had a problem! You see, he uh, couldn't, let's just say he couldn't rock the boat! I had to help him get the water heater fixed so he could have hot water and well the rest is history. Yea we didn't see much of them two after that! Anyway, good people with a means to make anyone laugh at almost anytime!

Allan, you gotta get that thing fixed! I "mean" the bus!  Wink

Also, the man that did the cookingon the grill. Gene Lewis! What a guy! You couldn't ask for a better layed back guy that has a heart of gold. Gene, I ate Pork what seemed like 6 of the 8 hour trip and with all due respect, I don't want pork until say maybe sometime next week!

John with the new latch! You and your family were a pleasure to meet and hope to see you all again! Be sure to bring "CHEWY"!

JR, I'm not sure what you meant wether good or bad about not wanting to park next to me but it was our pleasure meeting you and yours having a good looking bus beside us. Your doing a great job on it and you play a heck of a bass too! Look forward to many more rallies with you!

James and Josephine! VERY nice self done conversion for being 35 feet long. It was a pleasure chatting with you and if you do decide to move to Gainesville, I'm only about an hour away! Thank Josephine on the lesson about the Phillipines during dinner. I know I was joking a lot but the information she gave me was very informative! I wish you both the best!

Bill and Roberta! I never got a chance to talk to you much Bill about your bus or even look in it as you left early but be sure to thank Roberta for the HUGE blockof Scrapple! It was surely a surprise to see it in the freezer! Sorry about the lost purse and hope you get it back. Roberta's purse that is! I know you didn't lose yours!  Grin

Bruce was there and I missed meeting him as he too left early! I'll catch you next time around Bruce! What do you say?

Like I said, earlier or later last night, there were so many nice people, you just can't remember all of them and as soon as I get off here, I'llprobably feel bad again about missing someone! If that's the case, just remember, we ALL had a great time and you ALLmade it happen!

Ace

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 08:27:42 AM »

Wow, Ace, you did a great job of doing my post for me.  LOL  I have to second everything Ace said.  He did forget one very important person though.  Susan!   She was great and such a big help to me.  She is a really fun lady and was great at taking people on tours and bragging on the work you did on your beautiful bus.  Thanks also for the loan of that wonderful coffee pot that got everyone awake in the mornings.  Those gatherings were really nice with coffee in one hand and doughnut in the other.  Also on Sat when we had the sausage and gravy biscuits

We had lots of furry friends here also. Bud-Ro, Buddy,Cinnamon, Moose, Paco,Chewy,Chilli, and Angel. They were welcomed by permanent residents, Mocha, Alice and Ernie and not so welcomed by Ralph.  All these new friends were well behaved although Buddy did look at Chilli and Angel as though they were squeaky toys.

The only real problem I had was cleaning up my kitchen where Dallas made the yeast doughnuts on 2 mornings.  Boy, did he make a mess, but I guess it was worth it with the doughnuts we had.  It was fun tasting the scrapple that Roberta brought, also her wonderful desserts she loaded us down with.  She can feed me scrapple anytime. 

It was so nice to see people moving from group to group talking, and making friends.  I don't think anyone felt left out because everyone was so open and friendly. 

I also have to thank everyone for policing their camp spots.  Dallas and I checked around to be sure the place was clean and, just as last time, everyone left it super clean. 

Ace, you are a good sport and took my ribbing right in stride.  I love teasing and being teased so it was fun for me with you and everyone.  Cat
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 08:34:00 AM by bubbaqgal » Logged

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2006, 11:18:26 AM »

JR, I'm not sure what you meant wether good or bad about not wanting to park next to me but it was our pleasure meeting you and yours having a good looking bus beside us. Your doing a great job on it and you play a heck of a bass too! Look forward to many more rallies with you!

AMEN on the many more rallies dude!  Parking next to you and Susan was a privilege...the comment referred only to what a fantastic conversion you have in comparison to my old MC9! 
Now I got "H3" envy.  Bummer!  Embarrassed
Even Terri's asking why yours and Jerry C's buses seemed so wide and roomy. Right amazing what 6 more inches can do!   Wink
Tell Susan to get that fiddle ready for Arcadia! 

Best, JR   

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Ace

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »

Will do Jr.!

As for anyone wanting to know what the problem was with the NEW King-Dome dish I had that wouldn't work when I was there in T-Ville, I can tell you that it is working NOW!

The problem was me! Sort of! When I first got the dome, we had the TV and sat reciever in the BR. After doing the LR, I moved the TV/receiver to the LR. You can't really do that because there are two coax's coming from the dome. One MAIN and One AUX. I had gthe MAIN coax routed to the BR. IT, the MAIN has to be going to the receiver which I moved to the LR where the AUX coax was routed. Simple fix was to get on the roof and swap coax positions.

Sometimes you just gotta feel really stupid!  Shocked

Anyway, I got a little ribbing from those that used a $2.00 set of flea market rabbit ears, and me with this dome that didn't work. Well, it's working just fine now! LOL

Anyway, that was the problem and if I would have thought more about HOW I installed it I could have figured it out but there were just too many Corona's inhaled and THAT wasn't going to happen up there!

Ace
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 03:47:56 PM »

Roberta - Eddie was showing me the posts from the Rally.  Sounds like you guys had a great time.  I saw that you lost your purse - sorry to hear that - but I was wondering - were you feeding Buddy again?!! Wink Wink Cheesy

Miss ya!
Sue

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 03:55:34 PM »

Everyone was feeding Buddy.  He's just now starting to regain interest in his dog food. Smiley

Ross
Dallas

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 04:07:22 PM »

Roberta,

Cat and I didn't know about the lost purse until we were reading posts this morning.

I'm sorry to say we haven't found it, and probably don't have too much chance of ever finding it.

We have found a few things though:

1- Coleman propane campstove w/fuel.

1- Sweatshirt size Small Adult with a Outer Banks Logo on it.

1- Zebco 33 fishing outfit. (Along with worms and some other stuff.)

1- Knife, long, sharp, dirty and deadly, engraved with "Gene Lewis" (I wonder who that could belong to)

1- Cake Knife

1- Pie Server

1- Weber Kettle Grill, Small, round, black.

There might be other things that I haven't thought of right at the moment.

We'll keep looking for other stuff too.

Dallas
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 07:34:54 PM »

As for anyone wanting to know what the problem was with the NEW King-Dome dish I had that wouldn't work when I was there in T-Ville, I can tell you that it is working NOW!
Ace

That's interesting.  We're considering an automatic dish and really haven't heard about many issues with the units.   Unusual that two King Domes were not working as expected.      
I'm sure you're relieved to find a simple solution!
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 07:38:42 PM »

Dallas,

Roberta lost her purse in a restraunt after they left your Rally.

I belive she has located it and has it in route back to Delawere.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dallas

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2006, 07:45:39 PM »

Dallas,

Roberta lost her purse in a restraunt after they left your Rally.

I belive she has located it and has it in route back to Delawere.

Nick-

Thanks Nick,

Ross told me about it a little while ago.

I feel better now that it isn't lost anymore. I would hate to think any of our group could walk off with something, although there are some  Wink Wink ;)VERY unsavory characters Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes in our hobby! Grin Grin Grin

Dallas
Homegrowndiesel
Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel

73-05 Eagle

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 08:12:46 PM »

Lost and found Shocked with money intact. sent back to us, arived today. Seems there are alot of honest folks left out there, in SC at least!
Ross, thanks for the offer to retrieve the purse, but Buddy did not eat it Wink.. Thanks for all the support everyone, and the good time!
Hope to see everyone at the next gathering.

Bill & Roberta

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 10:26:18 PM »

Mrs. NewbeeMC9 left her purse in the resteraunt in columbia and the felow had the police come get it.  She had to ride back and pick it up in person then do an inventory there at the police station.  She couldn't find anything missing.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
mikeH8H-649

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 02:42:35 AM »

Ross,I know what you mean finally last night cinnamon ate some dog food but still seems to be looking around for others to feed her, we really enjoyed meeting you and buddy,Roberta we are glad to hear you got your purse back and we have the dish you were looking forso it looks like we will get to take a bus ride to get it back to you,looking forward to it,not sure what date you and Kathy set up but we will see you then,Mike
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: