Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 08:27:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $2.2 Million for Two Buses! Marathon Coach?  (Read 5383 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:29 AM »

You got it Belfert the suppliers for government contracts use the agency's guide line and write their own specs were only their products meets the spec and the amount is not written in stone either never saw a government contract that didn't have a cost overrun clause in it we will never know the true cost of those buses

good luck
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 10:06:12 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:50 AM »

That may be true Ed but Obama could have pushed for an MCI J4500 shell even if the Secret Service wouldn't budge. Regardless of who holds the office, they do have a bully pulpit and could put pressure on them and if he still came out short he could have held his head high and tried to come close to "Buy American" as possible and give a plug to IL. Oh well, at least it wasn't a SETRA but then again, I don't think they are offered in shell version nor VAN HOOL. If you go to MCI's site, the D series is "Buy American" compliant. But the D is not available as a shell either. SILVER EAGLE...well who in the heck knows what's going on with them.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »

That may be true Ed but Obama could have pushed for an MCI J4500 shell even if the Secret Service wouldn't budge. Regardless of who holds the office, they do have a bully pulpit and could put pressure on them and if he still came out short he could have held his head high and tried to come close to "Buy American" as possible and give a plug to IL. Oh well, at least it wasn't a SETRA but then again, I don't think they are offered in shell version nor VAN HOOL. If you go to MCI's site, the D series is "Buy American" compliant. But the D is not available as a shell either. SILVER EAGLE...well who in the heck knows what's going on with them.

I hear yeah there! Heaven forbid they by something of quality! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »

HEHE or the last of BCI FALCON 45. Seriously though, I thought SETRA's were highly though of. Depends who you talk to huh? NEOPLAN USA buses were built here but I have heard mixed feelings about them too.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 09:47:31 AM »

Do you really think that President Obama had any idea what brand of bus he was on?  I don't think he is a busnut.  I would venture that 98% of the general public would not have any idea about who manufactured whatever bus they were looking at.

Here's a nice looking bus.  He could have chosen this one.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 09:55:31 AM »

That looks like a SETRA in Europe. Or is it? You're right, he probably doens't nkow or care either...BUT WE DO. Smiley
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 10:04:28 AM »

Actually, it's a Chinese made Zonda.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »

Actually, it's a Chinese made Zonda.

Len ya beat me too it I was just fixing to say that is one of those Chinese knock offs of a Setra.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 10:28:25 AM »

Here's one that's apparently built in America that the President and First Lady can sneak away go by themselves. http://www.stallionbus.com/images/home/stallion-900.jpg
gus

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 11:30:57 AM »

I don't remember any Bush bashing on this board during his eight years?

I remember a lot of Clinton bashing during those eight years though.

As much as I love this board I get the impression that it is about 95% right wing.  I think most moderates are too timid to speak up against the constant right wing tirade, but I'm too old to let this junk go unanswered. If nobody speaks up this stuff from Fox and Rush will be accepted as the truth.

The worst part is that most of the attacks on Obama are personal (Racial?). Wonder why that is??

Unfortunately right wing politics has gotten really nasty and is getting worse as '12 approaches.

It would be really nice if all you guys could drop politics and racism from this BUS board and concentrate on BUSES.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »

You are one funny guy Gus you bashed Bush on every move on different boards now we are racists because your guy is black,he could call himself white stupidity is just not a white or black issue and most of it cannot be fixed

good luck 

Life is short drink the good wine first
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 12:04:16 PM »

The worst part is that most of the attacks on Obama are personal (Racial?). Wonder why that is??

It would be really nice if all you guys could drop politics and racism from this BUS board and concentrate on BUSES.

Gus, Look. I get REALLY tired of all of the "if you don't like Obama, then you are racist stuff." Puhleese! Is that the best you can do? I don't give a single red penny's thought, about a mans color. I would have voted for an ethnic man any day, over McCain IF, and again I say IF, the man had morals. McCain was simply the lesser of two evils. I won't go into all of it now (since as you said this is a bus board). But Obama sure pretends not to have any morals (I won't say what I am talking about either, to keep from starting another debate).

When you guys start all of the racist stuff, that makes me wonder who really are the racists. You all are the ones bringing it up so much, I am starting to think that you guys are the racist ones. If you are not, then please come up with something better than that.

You said that it would be really nice if everybody quit talking about politics and racism (look who's talking about it, you brought it up...). I think that would be a great idea. Why not follow your own advice?

Btw, I sure haven't heard much to tell me that the "right wingers" are too wrong.

Mods, sorry. If you want, feel free to kill my whole post. I just get tired of hearing about all of this stuff.

Btw, Cliffords and my posts just crossed. I agree with him. Call it whatever, but stupid doesn't change.

John
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:26:51 PM by John316 » Logged

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2011, 12:28:15 PM »

This topic is locked until further review by the Moderators.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: