Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 05:14:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Used wvo "machine" info wanted  (Read 684 times)
demodriver

Ignore
« on: August 15, 2011, 05:48:11 PM »

Ok heres the deal. I am building a pond for a guy who says he has a wvo "machine" that he would like to trade for part of the payment. I dont know much about this stuff.  What eazactly does this machine do? He claims he has over $3k invested in it and he has a couple hundred gallons of oil he will let go with it.

What do I need to know about this machine, what do I need to look at on it? 

I figured I could give some off of the cost of the pond but not nearly the $3k he invested.

thanks Eric
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »

Eric:

Maybe a photo or two of the machine would help people give you an opinion.

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »

WE need pics and an accurate description of the processor.  Specifically the tank, is it plastic or metal.  Plastic can be used but there needs to be a whole lot of safety measures in play to avoid overheating the poly tank.  Overheat it and it will get soft, lean over and spill the hot grease, methanol and lye all over the place.  Catch a sprk and your lucky to only have a simple fire and not blow the roof off of your work area.  Extremely dangerous if all safety measures are not in place and working properly.

Next you need to see the pump on the processor.  If it is a simple chinese 1 inch water pump you can buy them at harbor freight for $39 bucks.  I tell you what, you should take pics and post them.  I have to go to bed but will answer in the morning. I could type all night about bio D info but I do have to go to bed.

The last thing!!  Before I spent the time to process oil into bio d to run in a bus, I would set up to run straight WVO in the bus.  It does take a little work but a lot less than processing to fill a bus with bio D.  The only processing I do now is let the oil settle, draw off the top and pump through a filter to the holding tank on the bus.

Now the oil he has is worth about a buck a gallon if it is really clean oil. We can finish this up in the morning after you post up some pics.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 06:44:24 PM »

Also ask if it is a Murphy's Machine.  If it is built to Murphy specs then it is steel and you might have a good processor.  I can say it is not worth $3000 even though he has that in it.  I can give you a parts list for an appleseed hot water heater processor or whatever for a lot less than $3000.  for that matter I"ll sell you mine for $3000. Grin

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
demodriver

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 06:46:07 PM »

I will see what kind of info I can get tomorrow and see about pics.   thanks
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 08:44:13 PM »

demo, how easily can you get vo? That's a nice batch of oil but smell it first. Does it smell sweet or like paint thinner? If you want to set up a processor on the cheap you can do it for under $500.00 (actually a LOT cheaper). Just use common sense and know you are dealing with narley chemicals so you want to wear goggles, gloves and do NOT throw a lighted cigarette in  Grin Step back and consider if it really is a fair trade for you

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: