Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 06:43:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hankooks okay?  (Read 868 times)
Uglydog56

I'd rather be lucky than good.

Ignore
« on: August 17, 2011, 07:00:57 PM »

Hello!  I just bought a 67 Crown converted to an RV.  Part of the deal was new steers (I had a front blow on my IH truck once and I still haven't gotten the stains out of my undies).  The bus is in a small town and inventory is limited and Hankooks are available.  I don't want the guy to buy $600 Michelins, plus I haven't had good luck with them.  Any bad experiences with these?  The bus is on 11R24.5's.

Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:29:52 PM »

Here in the AZ heat the truckers use the Hankooks  AH 12  14 ply on the steers and they love the tire,I don't know if it is the dealer or the tire but they are popular here

good luck
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:51:55 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:12:33 PM »

Yeah they are now popular here in TN too Clifford.

One of the guys I know that runs an independent tire/service truck told me that he will sell what ever tire you want provided he can get it from one of several distributors he deals with. But that most of the time the distributors will push a certain brand at a super good price or a monthly, 1/4 or even annual rebate system and that is how they come to sell mostly that brand.

FWIW he is the same guy that had me hooked on Kumho's, & then turned me on directly to his distribution warehouse.
But now he's pushing the Hankooks and said for every 10 he sells he gets a credit for 2 and receives it once a 1/4 by check or can take it off his invoice.  (he only does commercial truck tires)

Another friend that owns a small home town tire shop also told me his distributor makes it hard for him not to push the Hankooks as he gets 1 free for every 3  he buys right of the invoice at time of delivery.
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:41:52 AM »

Most importantly-weigh the bus by axle and then look up the proper tire inflation recommended by that manufacturer.  Then run that pressure.  My 16ply 11R-24.5's say 120psi on the side of the tire, but I run 90psi (could run as low as 85, but like about a 5psi buffer).  The bus rides very well. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Joe Camper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:51:47 AM »

I ran Hancock super singles (385s) on my dump trailer. Had a few sets if I recall good. They were no different than any other.

Thumbs up.

Signing off from Cook County Ill. where the dead vote, frequently.
Uglydog56

I'd rather be lucky than good.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »

Cool thanks, I'm going to give hime the go-ahead.

Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: