Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 08:53:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well Son of a dadgum- I am ticked off  (Read 2774 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »

I was all happy and drowning in my luck on the bus.  I was on the porch talking on the telephone when all of a sudden I see lightning in the distance.  The wind picked up and the lightning got closer and closer.  Then the wind got out of control.  I am guessing sustained 50 mph with gusts higher than that.  A tree went down in the backyard.

I turned to the barn in time to see the freakin roof come off.  Oh I am ticked off.  I told the dang builder to put hurricane straps and he didn't get to it yet.  Now all my power tools and every thing is getting soaked.  OHHHHHHH OHHH I am mad enough to kick him right on his ear, like a spider monkey. Can I say dumb arse on this forum?

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:36:14 PM »

Count to 100, breathing very slowly, then run over him with your bus.

Grin

Just kidding!!!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »

50 mph and it took the roof off?  Sounds like he forgot to put more than just the hurricane straps on! 

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:02:43 PM »

I built pole barns for years (several hundred buildings) never had one go down with wind under 100mph and never put straps on any of them. In fact only lost one to a tornado that I know of.  should of never pulled trusses loose from post! I would ck to see how many nails/bolts he had holding them to post.   assuming it was a pole type barn. If it was block or stud wall it still should have had trusses anchored to walls.   Bob
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:10:55 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »

The trusses are good to go.  They are anchored with gussets.  He got cheap on anchoring the tin.  I saw the bottom 2 by 4, which was nailed to the trusses, lifting as it pulled the nails.  It was all over but the crying then.  It lifted and was gone.  It flipped up like opening a tin can. 

They had only used the nails to hold the plate in place.  He was supposed to come back and add hurricane straps.  He procrastinated and now he could very well get a kick in the mads.  I called him and he will fix it.  All he has to do is put a new roof on Smiley

www.snakebreaker.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 08:20:39 PM »

Hey look @ it like this. He screwed up, and now he/his insurance has to replace ANYTHING that COULD get damaged by getting wet.

I see a whole new set of power tools, pumps, filters, etc (anything that gets damaged when wet!) in your future!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 03:03:23 AM »

We had some pretty high winds here last night here in Georgetown, TX around 8 pm or so. They just came up out of the blue and we have our patio awning out due to the extreme heat we have been having. I was real concerned that it would rip it off. When it's blowing you can't do anything but pray. No damage, all is well.

Sorry about your roof! Hope the guy gets it fixed and you can get back to normal.

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 06:05:53 AM »

Well i talked to the builder this morning and his question was "What are you going to do"?  My answer was meet you at my barn at 5:00 PM today.  I do believe he is going to figure out I am a very nice person 99.9 % of the time.  It is that .1 % that matters in a situation like this.  I call it a "Come to Jesus meeting".

www.snakebreaker.com
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 06:12:15 AM »

It may or may not be of much consolation but at least you and your family are ok. You can always replace a roof but not people. That guy has some explaining to do but the truth is on your side.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 06:59:02 AM »

How long ago did the builder build the barn?   I think your insurance is going to have to cover it, and you are going to have to fix it.  Builders have very little liability for anything they do, it seems.  If you didn't specify in writing that you wanted hurricane specific items, and if you paid for the work, you may be out of luck with the builder.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 07:19:42 AM »

Before you guys get to heavy on the builder check the facts in TX and OK you get the micro burst associated with thunderstorms they will lift the roof off anything if one gets under.
I had one take down the walls on a Best Buy and Albertson's I was building it was a concrete block wall concrete filled blocks and braced nasty little devils only 2 buildings on site damaged 

good luck 

Life is short drink the good wine first
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 08:19:29 AM »

We have been praying for rain for months. Now your crying in the way it was provided. Just never happy. Grin It does suck. Glad that tree did not fall on the bus or anything.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »

Oh he is going to fix it.  He is just probably thinking how he can get out of it.  30 days after it was done a wind lifted the roof.  I called and he looked at it.  He said his guys should have used screws and that he would come back and clip it with strips.  He never did.  This repair is on him.  Oh and by the way, I am a civilized man but have you ever heard the Trace Adkins song "Sometimes you just have to whoop a man's @$#".  He was supposed to be here at 5:00 pm.  I think I am going to have to go into the closet and get my butt whoopin shoes on.

www.snakebreaker.com
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 05:18:30 PM »

Trace Adkins whoop a man's @$#

I rather have Montgomery Gentry, Revival, Pass Me Another Copper Head ... You could get into that snake man.  Sorry about your roof, you don't always get what you pay for any more.

BCO

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »

I called him on the telephone and he will be ere at 9:00 pm.  LEEETTTTTs GETTT REady to RRRRRumble!!!

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: