Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 12:53:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to work on my bus  (Read 1317 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:07:15 AM »

I had to stay home because of a dang heel spur.  My bus is sitting in a roofless barn 40 yeards from me and I am sitting on the couch bored to tears.  I keep thinking of things I could be piddling on while I am home from work.  All jokes aside I believe I have turned into a workaholic.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »

I think we all are.  I'm afraid of retiring because I think I will have so many projects I want to do I won't be able to afford  them all!

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:34:06 AM »

Mr. Wal1809:

I can certainly identify with you. I had plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. Terrible pain. And I do as many as 20 hours of teaching, standing on my feet per week. (I am the director of an institute.) Tried all kinds of shoe inserts. What worked for me was Crocs®. I learned that from another person who suffered from the same. They have awesome arch supports, and thus take the weight off your heel. Try them!

And no: I do not work for Crocs®!

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 09:51:45 AM »

That is all I wear as my Doctor prescribed them.  They worked fine for a while but I have aggravated it because I have been training dogs for weeks on end.  It requires a lot of foot work.  Last weekend I was running back and forth for about 5 hours Saturday and 8 hours Sunday.  I have the largest clinic of the year tomorrow so I am on anti-inflamers and my foot buried in ice water.  When my wife gets home all I have to do is hobble to the bus and drive a couple hours. 

Eagle foot pedals are kind of a pain in the foot!!

Have you heard of the ultra sound proceedure to break up the spur?  I have a call into my doctor to find out if that is an option.

www.snakebreaker.com
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 10:05:01 AM »

I totally understand. I've been down for three months now after my back surgery and I'm going nuts. My bus is ten feet away right outside the window and I can see it from here. I wander out now and then and go try to do something however small but inevitably it only causes me to be back down for a few days afterwards. Still, I'm slowly getting back to it more and more, I just can't sit still much longer or I'll go nuts!   

I had to stay home because of a dang heel spur.  My bus is sitting in a roofless barn 40 yeards from me and I am sitting on the couch bored to tears.  I keep thinking of things I could be piddling on while I am home from work.  All jokes aside I believe I have turned into a workaholic.

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »

Pain is pain but back pain is terrible.  10 years ago I crushed my l4 and l5 lumbar disks in a foot chase.  I had already thrown my flashlight at the guy so when I went over an 8 foot chain fence I had no idea it was 12 feet down on the other side.  The pain was so bad I was bed ridden for 6 months.  Lots of surgery, pain meds and therepy finally got me out of bed.  It still comes back to haunt me every now and then.  So I hear you loud and clear my man!!  I hope your back comes along for you.

www.snakebreaker.com
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 10:45:09 AM »

Suck it up Cowboy.... We're all pullin' for ya, even if you did choose an Eagle.

I know your pain from problems I have and can't get past because of no more insurance.

Lately I've been working on an Avion trailer putting a new bathroom vanity/counter in. I start about 05:00 and am done about 10:00. That includes the little bit that I do here at the campground.

I've almost quit doing any mechanical work and with the help of Cody, I'm learning to do wood working and sawdust making. I'll never have his skills, but it's nice to be able to ask some one who knows this stuff.

Take it easy old friend. The bus will be there when your ready, don't push and please get well.

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »

I had to stay home because of a dang heel spur.  My bus is sitting in a roofless barn 40 yeards from me and I am sitting on the couch bored to tears.  I keep thinking of things I could be piddling on while I am home from work.  All jokes aside I believe I have turned into a workaholic.

Arise!  Get off the couch and do something!

Piddling relieves stress ... no poopy.

BCO
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:26:47 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 01:11:05 PM »

I had ultra sound done on my shoulder many years ago to remove a calcium deposit. Has never returned, so I guess it works. Why don't you read a book or plan your next tear down adventure with the bus! Grin Relax, it'll be there when you are healed, then you can tackle it with full force! Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 01:21:47 PM »

Send your wife out to do it for you! How old are you again? must be 80something Roll Eyes

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 01:55:33 PM »

Robert I am 44 however I don't feel it.  In my mind I feel 20, in my body well it has been to the cave and seen the critter inside.

Dallas, one does not choose Eagle, it is destiny.

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: