Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 04:07:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tag tire size  (Read 772 times)
"The Norm"

Ignore
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »

If I am running 315-80R22.5 on my drive axle can I put 295-75R22.5 on the tag? What are the recommended sizes for tires all around? I have a set of take offs from one of my work trucks that look nearly new and I thought it might work for the tag.
Thanks !!

1989 MCI 96A3 - 8V92TA - 4spd Auto
The conversion has started.
RoyJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:28:33 PM »

The static loaded radius for the 295/75 low pro tire is just under 19", whereas the 315/80 is just under 20", which means the suspension will be sitting 1" lower.

I'm not too sure about the details on your coach, but I'm going to guess the suspension travel should be able to compensate for that. In other words, the tag is perfectly capable of sitting an inch lower than drive.

Otherwise I see no weight issues on a 40' coach, nor is ABS an issue like on a modern coach.
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:11:53 PM »

while this certainly would be an issue on an eagle torsion suspension, I see no problem doing this on an MCI or any other bus with "jello bags" as Clifford calls them.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: