Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 10:32:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bogie isolation valves  (Read 698 times)
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »

On my MC8 I have two quarter turn isolation valves, one for each bogie. they both leak air through the valve handle stem. Is there an o-ring or something serviceable in there? The valves are almost $70 ea. and I would much rather just rebuild them if they have serviceable parts, but there is no kit listed in the parts manual, and there is no schematic either. Anyone know if these are serviceable with readily available parts?

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:51:01 PM »

Thomas,

Not to pick at nits, but MCI's don't have bogies, they have tags.  Only Eagles 05 and later (AFAIK) have bogies.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:11:45 PM »

Thomas,

Not to pick at nits, but MCI's don't have bogies, they have tags.  Only Eagles 05 and later (AFAIK) have bogies.

Oh yes, you are correct. Tag means behind drive axle, bogie means in front of drive axle.

Thank you for correcting me, as I am sure NO BODY would have had a clue as to what I was talking about if you hadn't pointed that out. Grin Grin

(to be honest here, I actually had to refer to google to see what the difference was Roll Eyes)

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
trucktramp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 06:16:53 AM »

I always thought that bogies were enemy aircraft.  I had always heard a dead axle infront of the drive axle refered to as a "pusher".  Maybe it's a truck thing.

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 08:04:45 AM »

If they have screws on the top they just have o-rings if not you buy new ones check Prevost the last 2 I bought were under 30 bucks each also seen the MCI guys just use the flip switch like on doors or the trucks use for different controls

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: