Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 02:58:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NO Blinkie  (Read 1917 times)
Rick 74 MC-8

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 12:17:10 PM »

I had similar problem with my mc8 I believe the relay  under the driver window there's 1 marked turn signals that I believe is switched by ignition
I would start there there's probably other things that are not working when  the masters switch is on Rick

About 20 Miles West Of Chicago
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 12:25:24 PM »

Me I would call MCI Tech with my serial number you will be amazed at the guess work they take out of it, if your problem has ever happen on another unit they will have the answer or you can keep on chasing,you MCI guys have 1 of the best networks for problems and you come here for answers  lol

good luck
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:29:52 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 02:41:11 PM »

Me I would call MCI Tech with my serial number you will be amazed at the guess work they take out of it, if your problem has ever happen on another unit they will have the answer or you can keep on chasing,you MCI guys have 1 of the best networks for problems and you come here for answers  lol

good luck

Not me, Clifford. There is a reason Grin. I know a guy at tech support pretty well, and we chat pretty often. We have worked through a load of problems, and we often get up and running pretty quickly.

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 03:13:03 PM »

I had seriously good support from a Canadian MCI parts guy when I had my alternator pulley fall off.  He didn't find my parts (did find a pulley but not the mount) but not for lack of trying!  I was very impressed.  But you know, I never think of calling them for some reason.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
viking1
Viking

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 05:55:59 PM »

OK today I got a little closer.

First of I learned that on my bus the brake lights are illuminated with the parking brake set. I do not know why, but it is how it is. Of course I was checking my brake lights with the coach running and parking brake set. Parking brake off however, the brake lights seem to work just fine. Learned this with an MCI tech on the phone. Very helpfull, they also emailed me a schematic. Now on to the turn signals, I found the flasher unit (i think). and as far as I can tell wire # 45H going to the flasher unit has no power. I am lost. Might fuss with it some more tomorrow. Got big trip to San Fransisco at the end of the month. It would probably be a good idea to figure out the blinkers before then, but at least I got brake lights.

Price is what you pay.  Value is what you get
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »

Brake lights being on with the parking brake: duh! I should've thought of it and told you, LOL. But I forget more things every day... Once I had the hockey team's bus in for DOT inspection and the mech tells me the brake lights don't work... What? So I go in the shop with him and we fart around for a few minutes untill I have a little brain wave and remember that the park brake is on and the brake lights are on with it... We both had a laugh, LOL.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 04:45:43 AM »

Wire 45 is the same wire designator that supplies power to the turn signal flasher on my bus.  It goes to an auto-reset breaker on the main power bus. fourth one from the left on the bottom row.  You could just have a bad breaker.  Directly above it is a 10 amp breaker for the indirect lamps (again on my bus).  I don't have indirect lamps any more, so I could use that breaker as a spare if I had to.

You are getting closer!  My turnsignals are fed directly from the bus bar, they are not controlled by the master switch.  If power is on, you should have power at the bus bar, and power at the output of the breaker.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: