Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 09:25:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 spd or 13?  (Read 4235 times)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 11:36:28 PM »

Oh, and out of the fog in my head...

To complete the whole story,

Shift pattern is like this:

R        3/4         7/8

|------|--------|

1/2      5/6        9/10

To be proper and correct, there is a range shift in a Super 10, but it is automatic, triggered by the movement of the gear shift lever as it moves between the 5/6 and the 7/8 positions, pneumatically operated.

When shifting 6-7, it takes a little extra flourish with the shifter to get the splitter and the range shift to all happen, and get the gear in smooth as warm butter.

If you're going to try floating the gears, while in 6th, preselect the low range in preparation for 7, lift throttle, shift out of 6 and quick to the right wall in neutral, ever so slight a pause for the range shift to catch up, and then up into the gate for 7, and back on the throttle.

However, for the one I've got, my personal preference is to double clutch both up and down through the range shift in order to get a nice smooth shifting event.

And reverse can be run in high or low split, depending on the speed you'd like to go.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 12:18:47 AM »

BW you again are technically correct.
But I an most other hands I knew/know that were/are truck drivers just get too used to the float to do it any other way! LOL

Don't mean we're right, just the way we has always done it!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: