Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 26, 2014, 10:11:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sheetrock????  (Read 1572 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 04:42:20 AM »

::)Guess I never really considered it for the reasons  I stepped out with before. Looks like it has joined the proof tested products.! now it becomes individual taste.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 06:01:37 AM »

After installing plywood on my walls and wanting to use wallpaper. I was trying to figure what to do with the seam's? 

Not coming up with any good idea's, I used tape and joint compound! I also countersunk all the screws and finished them. It held up with no cracking. No cracking that I could see through the wall paper and that is all I cared about.

These were all horizontal and vertical flat seams, no corners. HTH JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
jbnewman

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 06:10:53 AM »

If you put up the drywall, and cover the seams with battens (attached to only -one- of the pieces of drywall), movement shouldn't be a huge issue. Appearance may be reminiscent of a single-wide, but ... it deals with the tape seam issue.

-jbn

-jbn
Justin
Chicago, Illinois

No bus.
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 08:22:48 AM »

I like the idea of upholstered panels under the windows.  The backer panel can be very thin and the fabric over headliner batting helps kill outside noise and adds to the insulation of the walls. If you ever need to get into the walls for future wire runs they just pop off with a few screws.

Don and Cary
1973 05 Eagle
GMC 4107
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: