Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 07:29:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1944 Military Bus  (Read 915 times)
DG

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2006, 10:28:51 AM »

We have a 1944 International military bus that was partially converted 30 years ago.  We need to know if it has any value as a conversion or as a historic vintage military vehicle.  It would be pretty hard to return to stock condition as the side windows and seats have been removed.  It still has the stock running gear which was only rated for 40 MPH.  I don't know if it would have much value as a conversion because of this.  On the plus side the bus is very cool looking and it is tall enough for an adult to stand up in. Con anyone out there point us in the right direction to find out what this vehicle might be worth, if anything?  We have to move it from it's storage location soon, and I would hate to see it end up in the scrapyard!   
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 10:48:58 AM »

DG, it might help if you could add some pictures and also maybe let us know where you are.

As an historic military vehicle, it may have some value, but as a conversion it probably isn't worth a lot unless you find someone who is into going really slow.

IHTH,
Dallas
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 10:50:40 AM »

Yeah, some pictures would be nice......

Try ebay, fast results there. That is where I bought mine  Smiley  Cry

It is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Nevermind anything else.

Things that will have big impact on price:
What is involved in a 're-power' to increase road speed
What work is desired by next owner

I was given a 1955 Scenicruiser, but it cost $1000+ to move it 250 miles. It has some 'issues' & there weren't any buyers willing to pay more than that. The 'seller' felt it was better to save it by giving it away rather than selling it as scrap.

Good Luck

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 10:55:08 AM »

Hello, DG-

Welcome to a very informative and friendly “Nut-house”!
You came to the right place-

I am very interested in what you’ve found.
What type of bus is it?
Was it converted by the military, or after that? What branch was it used by?
What is her size and what power-train do she have?

Can you please post some pics’ for all of us to enjoy? (As mentioned)
Thank you!

Cheers-

Mind the Gap!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: