Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 03:08:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need new roof---rubber or prestressed aluminum??  (Read 865 times)
Don

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2006, 03:34:49 PM »

I have a 1993 Pace Arrow diesel pusher and am getting it ready to sell.  My current roof is rubber and has developed leaks.  I was planning to replace it with an aluminum roof but have been told that rubber is better.  Do any of you have experience with this situation? 
steamguy56

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 05:28:42 PM »

Before selling my sticks and staples had simular problem, not wanting to spend alot on this thing, found a product at camping world. One gallon coverd the unit sealing it pretty good small portons were pelling off even sealed that up. advised it's new owner of the fix..
Don

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 06:45:54 AM »

I don't think this will work this time.  About 2 1/2 years ago, I totally covered the roof with 3-4 gallons of a rubber substance which was suppose to give me a "new roof."  Instead, after about 1 1/2 years it has gotten gooey and now everything is sticking to it (leaves, etc.).  So I now probably really need a new roof as I don't think this one can be repaired again.  I thought a metal roof would be best as I notice that the highend motorhomes have metal roofs but wanted advice from someone familiar with both rubber and metal roofs.
Burgermeister

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 07:23:15 AM »

Replace it with what's there, if you're selling you don't need to "re-engineer" something.

belfert

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 07:44:25 AM »

A rubber roof will probably be a lot easier than aluminum.  The rubber roof material and installation supplies could run as much as $1000.  If you were going to keep the RV, I would vote for aluminum as rubber roofs will always leak at some point.

You also need to decide if the rest of the RV is worth the investment in a new roof.  If the RV isn't in the best shape you may never get the investment in a new roof back and would be better off selling it the way it is.

Brian Elfert
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: