Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 03:05:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Used tires  (Read 951 times)
rip

Ignore
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:13:57 AM »

I am currently in Buffalo MN. and need a used tire for my tag axel.I have been looking with no luck so far. Any suggestions where I might find one .I need a 12R 22.5
   Thanks,Don
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 07:03:11 AM »

As long as you don't load more than 6,000lbs on that tag, you could use a 11R-22.5 instead.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 07:14:16 AM »

I understand the need to be frugal, believe me.  There are other options when it comes to rear tires such as your tag.  Ling Long Chinese tires are $350.00 installed.  I am not much on buying China anything but when you take a long look at it, this country is so inter-woven on the global market your shooting yourself in the foot believing anything is made in the US.  Michelin owns part the Double Coin plant in China.  If the whole product is not made in China, you can just about bet the componants are.  Be it me in your situation I would check into Ling Long or Double Coin for a tag tire.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 07:43:24 AM »

Might try ;
Pomp's Tire
21840 Industrial Ct.
Rogers, MN 55374
Toll free: (800) 664-0079

Shows to be the closet one to you (about 20 miles) I've used Pomp's when I had a brand new Bridgestone steer tire blow out while up that way and they treated me fair.

I don't know for sure if they have one in stock @ that location but they have locations in IN, IL, IA, MN, SD, & WI.
They have delivery trucks that run from the warehouse & shop to shop at least once a day so if one don't got it another might an they should be able to ship store to store on there rte trucks.
Grin  BK  Grin 

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
trucktramp

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 07:49:51 AM »

Pomps is a pretty big outfit.  We used to use them for rail containers and those tires are awful.  They should have what you need.  You could try and see if there is a local Bandag dealer.  They are retreads but it will get you down the road.

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 07:53:48 AM »

Not only that but retreads are usually a harder compound and I know quite a few companies in the industry now that run "caps" on the tags only for that reason they scrub off less and therefore last longer.
(only thing about caps is ya gotta be vigilant about maintaining proper pressure! But then again you should be about all tires!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
blank

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 12:24:38 PM »

Having lived in Buffalo, I concur going to Rogers, youll find nothing around Buffalo. The twin cities is just about the same distance as rogers if you go east on 55, and youll find literally dozens of options there. If your looking for retreads, there is a Bandag store in the south metro, about 45 miles or so. If your going west, St Cloud is 35 miles away and would also have a few stores that could help. Unless your going anywhere in particular I would try Bandag. Im sure you can google them.
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »

Maybe Hoglund up in Monticello...
Toll Free: 1-800-866-3105
 Local Phone: 763-295-5119
Royal Tire in Monticello ?
There is a hvy truck repair shop directly south of Royal(same lot) they do  tractor TRAILER work....maybe take offs.
Good Luck
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:02:33 PM by eagle19952 » Logged
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »

I'm late to the party here, but Royal Tire and Pomp's would both be good choices in the Twin Cities metro area.  Royal Tire has their warehouse in St. Cloud, MN about 70 to 80 miles from the Twin Cities if they don't have what you need in stock.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: