Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 04:53:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New world tranny in.  (Read 565 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2011, 06:19:44 PM »

I talked and asked on this board about a World tranny for my 5C last fall and winter. I had a few bugs to work out, but got the engine and tranny to work together this summer. The tranny is a GEN 4 (2007 and newer).
 My wife and I had it out for a couple weeks and a couple thousand miles. Out to Il from Pa, up into Wi across the U P and back down through Mi and home.  Only running 5 speeds and cruise at 65 where legal. Sweet tranny, it will let me run 1st with the jake also.
 I wanted an overdrive to see if I could up my MPG. Trip average 10.6, last trip to Mi was 9.4 average. I CAN NOT SAY THE TRANNY MADE THE DIFFERENCE because I also opened up my muffler for better flow when the engine was out.
 YES I KNOW IT WILL NEVER PAY, and my wife says the same. But some day if fuel hits 5.00 or more a gallon I can drive knowing I did all I could to help my costs. I am running a 3.36 rear ratio and under lite pedal shifting into 5th at 50 to 54 mph. It is programmed for economy first.      Tom

Tom Yaegle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: