Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 04:30:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New world tranny in.  (Read 543 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2011, 06:19:44 PM »

I talked and asked on this board about a World tranny for my 5C last fall and winter. I had a few bugs to work out, but got the engine and tranny to work together this summer. The tranny is a GEN 4 (2007 and newer).
 My wife and I had it out for a couple weeks and a couple thousand miles. Out to Il from Pa, up into Wi across the U P and back down through Mi and home.  Only running 5 speeds and cruise at 65 where legal. Sweet tranny, it will let me run 1st with the jake also.
 I wanted an overdrive to see if I could up my MPG. Trip average 10.6, last trip to Mi was 9.4 average. I CAN NOT SAY THE TRANNY MADE THE DIFFERENCE because I also opened up my muffler for better flow when the engine was out.
 YES I KNOW IT WILL NEVER PAY, and my wife says the same. But some day if fuel hits 5.00 or more a gallon I can drive knowing I did all I could to help my costs. I am running a 3.36 rear ratio and under lite pedal shifting into 5th at 50 to 54 mph. It is programmed for economy first.      Tom

Tom Yaegle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: