Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 08:52:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our new bus! 1964 PD4106  (Read 3054 times)
travlinman

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2011, 09:12:43 PM »

Even more impressive, thanks!

It would appear that I am missing that PTO for the factory A/C. My '06 has been heavily modified during its life.

Any sources for that PTO??

Other that the missing PTO the system looks very possible.

Any thoughts on hanging the compressor on the engine and running the lines from there?

Thanks,

TM

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 07:23:05 AM »

TM -

Are you sure you're missing the PTO?  It's hard to see from above, as it sits down low, between the hydraulic torus fan drive and the engine block on the driver's side of the powertrain.  Almost have to crawl underneath to see it.

You could hang a compressor off the engine, about the only place to drive it would be the cam pulley on the 8V.

Another possibility, many of the V-730s came with a PTO that was used for various reasons - A/C compressor, additional alternator, etc.  If you used one of these, the compressor basically ends up sitting on top of the transmission.  Geoff's RTS is configured this way, maybe he'll post a pic for you.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
travlinman

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 07:42:54 AM »

Thanks RJ, I will take a look for the PTO this week. I can say for sure that the drive shaft is missing . the rest will require further investigation.

TM

Steve & Kristen Full time nomads since '06 - PD4106-674  8V71/V730
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: