Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 21, 2014, 02:25:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Trip report for NCBobs latch  (Read 584 times)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:13:34 PM »

I had a great time at Dallas's Shindig,  I didn't get to see all the buses or show mine to all that wanted to see either(sorry, type me if you have questions).  I heard some awsome music and ate quite a bite of delicious food from quite the chefs especially Gene L.

Saw a Wannabee, and other Newbee's,  and bus gods and busses to match.

There were no shortages of characters, I was lucky enough to hang out with one that converted his bus to a spaceship and his ideas are as crazy as mine, he's just carrying them out.  I like his diesel AirConditioning/12v set.  And his lovely shipmate was bringing out some treats from thier local area of the solar system.(Uranus?  I'm not sure, maybe that's where the space ship was heading. Cheesy couldn't resist HGD  you should put that on your destination sign)

A man with excessive Cronies and Bus God Conrad, who both were a pleasure to associate with, were going to put on a door latch installation seminar that i really wanted to see.  It turned out that being a one peice door on the MC5 wasn't going to work out so I was lucky enough to have Bobs Latch seminar on my bus.  I wasn't planning on getting a latch so I wasn't prepared and only happend to have some harborfreight tools available from the previous days jaunt. Jack performed his majik anyway but relearned the advantages of the shop back home.  Even learned a trick from another interesting charater with a cool awning and a big dawg.  Jack used Bobs plasma torch to cut a hole for a short demonstration.  They work fast.  Jack explained that plasma is a fourth stage of matter,after solids, liquids, and gas.  Dallas did a demonstration later by actually becoming plasma Grin Cheesy Grin thanks again for the cronies.  Now I have a cool handle.  Not quite as slick as JR's but it don't need batteries.

In use it works good and is easy for the Mrs.  Cool to get in and out.  I learned how to work the air lock and the overide.  They worked properly before but I think I kept hitting the overide with my knee.   When I take the handle out, I'm going to adjust the stop so the door can open further and some kind of spring loaded stop to hold it out when open.  Maybee a broom holder type thing.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  I looked at others door covers to get I deas also. 

on the air latch, I'm not sure if I should just use the overide or make the other switch operable and keep the overide for backup.

The whole Shindig turned out even better than I thought it would have and Big thanks again to Cat and Dallas for putting it on.  Everybody was better looking in person than they were on the board, except Ace Tongue.  Just kiddin Ace and it was good to meet Budro. 

Stop by if your coming this way, I have a big u-shaped drive way. 

Glad to see everybody back on the board.

Gary has pictures of the latch and will be posting them.

Cool

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 06:28:50 AM »

Yeah, that plasma torch is high on the wish list  Grin

After watching Jack, I believe he can do almost anything with almost nothing! A very resourcefull guy.

That Roberta sure can cook! & Bill did have a very cool ride!

Dallas & Cat do put on a nice rally!

Glad to hear you figgured out the door air lock... You didn't have to learn while standing in the rain, did you?  Roll Eyes

Thanks again for sharing the bikes with my kids, they had a blast & are asking when the next rally is!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: