Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 04:13:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tag Axle airbag  (Read 437 times)
viking1
Viking

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »

So today I ran the bus down to the tire store, (yes with no blinkers, but at least I had brake lights). to fix a flat on the outside dual axle. When the bus was up I noticed that the air bag to the tag axle was not fully inflated and looks like it has a hole in it. Being that it is on the tag and I really don't have any weight in the bus and it is mounted at a 45 degree angle I wonder if it will be OK to San Fransisco and back like that 600 miles round trip approximately. What do you guys think?Huh

Price is what you pay.  Value is what you get
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:15:33 PM »

It is not OK. You should replace it because it is leaking, and the leak will get bigger, and an air leak is not safe. On the D model, and it might be the same on yours, the shock absorber will wear a hole on the side of the bag on the tag over time.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: