Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 23, 2014, 12:38:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with Fridge... not working... WORKING AGAIN! THANKS!  (Read 717 times)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2011, 01:43:36 PM »

Hi everybody,

14 hours before hitting the road I find that our fridge is not working at all.  It is a Dometic RM-3862.  It is doing absolutely nothing, nothing on 12 volt and nothing on 110.  No lights no noise, nothing.  I tested the outlet, it works and I checked the fuses behind it on the circuit board... they are both good.  

The fridge was supposed to have been rebuilt about a year ago at a cost of about $1,100.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marc
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:37:12 PM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
papatony

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:51:13 PM »

Try starting on gas .  I have one will not work on 110 but iff its started and gets cold it will work on `110 just fine
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »

Try starting on gas .  I have one will not work on 110 but iff its started and gets cold it will work on `110 just fine

Do your lights come on at first?  I've got nothing at all.  I'll turn it on and see if it kicks in, but it acts like it's getting no power.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »

Pull the cover from the board there is a fuse on the board I hope that is your problem a new board will cost you 120 bucks if it is bad buy a Dinosaur board the Dometic board is junk,check the ground to the fridge also

good luck
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:10:24 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:10:04 PM »

Pull the cover from the board there is a fuse on the board I hope that is your problem a new board will cost you 120 bucks if it is bad buy a Dinosaur board the Dometic board is junk

good luck

Already checked those fuses.  They are both good.  So I need a board?  CRAP!  Anybody know where I can find one tonight? LOL  It looks like it might be canned soup, dry cereal and warm sodas this weekend.   Undecided

JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 03:26:12 PM »

Do you have 12 volts to the refrigerator and a good ground. without that nothing will work.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
papatony

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »

The ref. works off heat there is a coil heater in the base where it starts going up on the stack.  ohm out to check to se4e if the coil izs open.  if not you proably do need a board.
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »

check the 12v leads on the back of the fridge. If no 12v there that is your problem. (NOT the back of the control panel. Take the outside access panel off and check where the 12v is connected to the fridge)

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »

Not sure exactly what it was but I drove it around for about 25 minutes, alternator charged up the batteries good and it is working!  Woohoo!  Jack, I think you were right.  I wasn't getting 12 volts from the battery.  You learn something everyday.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: